Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi everyone I'm new.. please dont flame me

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 06:23 PM
wikidoki
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As poorly conveyed as the question is, I think he/she is asking a valid question. I would answer if I knew, but I don't. I liked how that bike sounded as well. I am not going to get cams for sound purposes. I think sometimes forum members suspect sinister plots when someone new asks a question. Good luck in your search for sound "Nirvana"

Old 07-31-2011, 06:26 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RDKNG2011
what is a troll? how am i being a troll? what is moronic about asking if a cam will work in my bike and not wanting the only response to be.. choose this cam because it'll make more power

i simply wish to convey that power is not my concern ie i could give a crap about it

we are now at 19 posts and not one person has even attempted to answer my question

i like the way these cams sound and would like to put them in my bike if that makes me a moron.. very well
Don't worry dawg you'll get flamed just because you're new...these guys are just having a good time. Just roll with the punches and you'll get your answers eventually. The "don't flame me" perked everyones ears though. Welcome to the forum...lots of great people here and lots to learn.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:32 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 418 Likes on 190 Posts

Anything can be made to work. The 211's are better in a 103 with higher compression.

Now the confusing part

From your original post:
.. on youtube i have seen vids of fuel injected 96 motors like my bike has with a 211 cam in them.. but i cant find anything that says they will work in my bike..
...so were these vids of FI 96 motors like yours not working?

Old 07-31-2011, 06:37 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

You have to run at least 10.1 compression to have the 211 cams work all the way through the power band. The Screamin Eagle book tells you they work best with added compression. 203 cams do work great with stock compression (low to mid range). 211 cams should pull to 6200 with no problems.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:54 PM
RDKNG2011
Advanced

thanks i just wanted to verify with someone other then youtube before spending the money on the cams.. i'm planning on rinehart true duals and a stage one air cleaner.. i figured if i put new cams in that would give me a good excuse to dyno tune it rather then just a reflash.. power is nice but i bought a harley for the sound not the speed.. guess i'm the weird one cause i would totally put cams in just to get the potato potato sound

Old 07-31-2011, 07:22 PM
upstate tim
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes your neighbors will love it at 6 in the morning when you start it and try to keep an idle by wicking the throttle over and over...
Been there, learned that.

Sorry, Troll hunting.

Last edited by upstate tim; 07-31-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:24 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Your question about cams in light of your other statement that you don't give a "crap" about performance seems ridiculous.

Why even bother to spend money on cams? Or do you not give a "crap" about money either?
Because he wants his bike to sound more like a Harley and is willing to spend some money to make it happen. I think his question was will the cams work in his bike.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:30 PM
RDKNG2011
Advanced

fortunately i have a work vehicle so i don't have to worry too much about pissing off the neighbors.. just looking for a great sounding cam that wont hurt my engine.. in a year or two i could see myself doing a 103 or 110 kit on it so higher compression shouldn't be a long term problem.. i just don't want this thing to idle like a honda.. i'll give these things a try with rinehart tds and a dyno tune and let you know what happens..

still curious to know why i cant find a single distributor that says you can run them in a 96

Old 07-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RDKNG2011
ok let me make this really simple...

will se 211 cams work in my bike..

yes or no?
With other mods to the motor then yes. If cams is all you want to do then I would look for something else. Go to your dealer and ask for a SE Parts catalog.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by upstate tim
...wicking the throttle...
Ah, that good ole Devo hit... "Crack that Wick"

...crack that wick,
...give the past the slip,
...step on a crack,
...break your momma's back,
...wick it, wick it good...