Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ohlins #2 ?s

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Hoblick
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ohlins #2 ?s

whats the price on a set of these shocks for forum members?
anyone have a pic of the shocks on the bike specifically #2-1 or the #2-2 and the #2-2A

Old 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

I have the 2-3's as I was scraping the heck outta my floorboards stock height. I think mine were right at 500(maybe a bit more?) shipped to my house. If you like to carve at all get the 2-2B's. Keep in mind coil sprung shocks will sag unlike the airbagged, no damping, POS, stock shocks that will sit topped out. Just click on my ride for the pic.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:59 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Website??

Old 08-08-2011, 05:17 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

www.motorcyclemetal.com Howard Messner
Originally Posted by bald1der
Website??

Old 08-08-2011, 05:57 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Spoke to Howard earlier, and he "ballparked" me a set of 2-2(a)'s for "less than" $540.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:54 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bald1der
Website??

Originally Posted by tj316
Sure. But the site is hard to navigate, and there are VERY few pics of different products on the bikes themselves.

I want the Ohlins drop-in cartridges for my Dyna...

Old 08-08-2011, 06:55 PM
JS999R
Cruiser

Why would anyone consider anything else when you can have the Ohlins for that price? This is my first Harley and I never knew Ohlins made anything for the brand, now I do. I guess you can say I'm a little biased because all I know is Ohlins suspension because my last five Ducatis had Ohlins, three complete and two with Ohlins rear shock and Showa forks. No question what I'm going to do when I'm in a position to upgrade the shocks. Now its a matter of finding the right fork set up. I don't want to go crazy, likely emulators and springs because I want to buy a Road Glide in a year or two.

Like many owners have complained, why Harley makes little effort in suspension performance is crazy, especially when your spending that much money for them. I know they have a Showa air shock, but Showa did their reputation wrong by allowing that to happen. They are a better company than that and make outstanding products in the upper range models. Typically, Showas are found on the base model Ducatis, Ohlins occupies the upper tier. But, unlike Harley the base Showas are very good, in fact so good on the Aprilia RSV4 base model that it is highly rated for its track performance.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:57 PM
JS999R
Cruiser

[QUOTE=JCleary;8672447]Sure. But the site is hard to navigate, and there are VERY few pics of different products on the bikes themselves.

Man, you got that right, its all over the place.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:10 PM
toxic donkey
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JS999R
Why would anyone consider anything else when you can have the Ohlins for that price? This is my first Harley and I never knew Ohlins made anything for the brand, now I do. I guess you can say I'm a little biased because all I know is Ohlins suspension because my last five Ducatis had Ohlins, three complete and two with Ohlins rear shock and Showa forks. No question what I'm going to do when I'm in a position to upgrade the shocks. Now its a matter of finding the right fork set up. I don't want to go crazy, likely emulators and springs because I want to buy a Road Glide in a year or two.

Like many owners have complained, why Harley makes little effort in suspension performance is crazy, especially when your spending that much money for them. I know they have a Showa air shock, but Showa did their reputation wrong by allowing that to happen. They are a better company than that and make outstanding products in the upper range models. Typically, Showas are found on the base model Ducatis, Ohlins occupies the upper tier. But, unlike Harley the base Showas are very good, in fact so good on the Aprilia RSV4 base model that it is highly rated for its track performance.
Dude... I wasthinking the same thing. Got a ttx on my zx10 track bike, best shock I have ever had. This is my first Harley (road glide) and now that I know ohlins is available for it, this is one descision that I dont have to make.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:54 PM
HarleyFam05
Stage III
Default Ohlins 2-2A

Purchased for my 2011 Road King and wanted to wait until I at least had 600 miles on my bike before posting any type of reviews. The bike has been lowered in the front one inch by using HD's lowering kit and I included a set of Ricor's Intiminators, which I've been happy with. With the addition of the Ohlins 2-2A's the rear has been lowered an 1" as well. The ride heigth is perfect now and the stance of the bike looks better. So yes I have approximately 600 miles on the new shocks and have been smiling the last 600 miles as well. Really I have no compliants, the bike handles well especially when riding 2up. I've deliberately taken roads that beat me up when I rode the bike with HD's 13" as well as HD's 12", 13 was much better than the 12 but neither compares to the Ohlins. Obviously if you hit a big enough road imperfection you will bottom out but that was greatly diminished with the new shocks. The wife absolutely loves the new ride of the bike which makes my ride nicer as well. Honestly the best money I've spent so far on the bike! Wife and I are planning our next 4,000 mile trip here in the next 6 months and have no concerns about the comfort of the ride.

Attached Thumbnails ohlins #2 ?s-2011-road-king.jpg  

Quick Reply: ohlins #2 ?s