Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what seat should I buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 12:49 PM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Default what seat should I buy

I have a 11 roadking and the wife wants a wider rear seat area...I am trying to decide between the hd sundowner and the hd hammock seat and the stock 11 big touring seat...any opinions and why...I am sticking to harley seats because I have a adjustable hd drivers backrest....

Old 07-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Drilln'Boss
Club Member
Veteran: Army
Received 7,943 Likes on 2,287 Posts

I am going to buy a new seat for my '11 RKC before my next long trip. After doing some reading(mostly here)I decided on a Road Zeppelin. It's $pendy but my *** deserves it.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:32 PM
killerk95
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I went with the HD Sundowner on my StreetGlide, and I really like it. A bit deeper and more comfortable then the stock seat. Actuall the stock seat was OK, but like the Sundowner way better after a few hours a riding. Good luck & Ride safe!

Old 07-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Since only your butt can tell, go to a bike ralley or bike night someplace and ask to sit on a variety of ones. Remember that a seat on a different model may feel different.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:59 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 320 Posts

Pick a seat, any seat. Your going to find lots of people that just love it, and lots of people that really hate it.

Seats are one thing that your just going to have to try out for yourself.
With that said, I went with the Sundowner and wife seems to like it.

But I have heard just as many people say they didn't like it too.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:35 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I am not sure what question is ask more on this forum

what seat to buy

OR

what handle bars to buy

actually, "WE" can not choose for you... you can collect opinions but they are just that.. Kinda like looking for a mate - everyone has different taste.

on the seat question..
are you a short distance rider or Touring??? can make a BIG difference.
are you more interested in Looking Cool or function - again, big difference.

What works GREAT for me - you may not like.

with all that said, I am one of the CORBIN lovers - just finished my very first Iron Butt ride. did 1000 miles in 15 hours and 40 min - took a nap then finished my quest by riding another 500 miles in 8 hours - Bun Burner ride 1500 miles in under 36 hours.
at the end, my body and butt felt just fine. The Corbin worked great.. That is the way to test a seat... Not just sitting on it at a ralley - however, its a start.

Good luck - keep in mind = seat & handle bar set up is the KEY to a great feeling ride.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:14 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, I think I got my answer...I just wanted to make sure that no one really hated any of the seats I am looking at...On past posts I have heard complaints of various seats causing problems especially stock seats although I have never had problems with stock seats, even on long rides...

Old 08-01-2011, 08:47 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfikser
Ok, I think I got my answer...I just wanted to make sure that no one really hated any of the seats I am looking at...On past posts I have heard complaints of various seats causing problems especially stock seats although I have never had problems with stock seats, even on long rides...
doesn't really matter if other hate a certing seat, all the matter is if YOU like it..... Lots of people hate Corbins - no way would that deter me from mine...

Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfikser
I have a 11 roadking and the wife wants a wider rear seat area...I am trying to decide between the hd sundowner and the hd hammock seat and the stock 11 big touring seat...any opinions and why...I am sticking to harley seats because I have a adjustable hd drivers backrest....
You don't have to stick with HD only. Mustang seats will accept the backrest, as most other touring seats I would imagine. With that said, my Mustang Super Touring seat is wider for the rider and passenger than a stock seat.

If you REALLY want to go big, the Road Zeppelin seat is MUCH wider in both areas than any other seat, but be forewarned, it is a MONSTER seat and will raise you up at least an inch, if not more.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rush Cycle Pedic seats are compatible with H-D backrest. Here is some information about them...
Cycle Pedic Touring Seats offers riders and passengers the ultimate in comfort by taking pressure off the prostate and tailbone area. Using multiple levels of comfort including: memory foam, mold injected polyurethane foam, shock absorbing gel polymer, and a channel for the prostate/tailbone, Rush guarantees Cycle Pedic Seats will displace more weight than any other seat making this the most comfortable seat in the industry.

http://www.rushracingproducts.com/Cy...esentation.pdf Click the link for more information.

Ride on Us! --- If you are not happy with the product within 10 days, return the seat for a full refund!

Three styles available with retail price range of $399.95 - $599.95

Quick Reply: what seat should I buy