Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got rear ended today in York, Maine

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:03 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Progressive covers 6K, but they didn't even check that for mine. If it was on the bike, they replaced it.

They were great to deal with, at least in VA.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Route66rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, the way insurance companies are any more, I would not be surprised if they cancelled you both. When I had my accident the woman that hit me had the same insurance I did at the time (AAA) and even from the same agent. I went to the hospital and the woman was in a cage without a mark on it hardly. Ins was cancelled the next day. As I was a minor living at home & on my dad & step-mother's policy they were cancelled also.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:54 AM
dwg1956
Tourer

On March 11 of this year we were in Daytona and I was turning right and my buddy on a Honda Goldwing hit me. He went down split his head open took ambulance ride I stayed up somehow. If he would have had a helmet on he would have saved 5000.00 2600.00 damage to my bike, Geico was great cut a check once we got back to NC no questions asked and then wrote another a week later for unseen damege. We remained friends.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:03 AM
cudski
Cruiser

Glad to hear you are both alive and will recover! Bikes are replaceable, friends are not!

Old 07-31-2011, 06:27 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Alkrisma

Did your buddy tell you why he wasn't paying attention? Did he have a good excuse like a naked hot chick, or a Harley for sale cheap?

Hope everyone heals OK and those hippies at Progressive do you solid.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:05 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I bet he feels lower than a snake.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:38 AM
HDGent
Advanced

With friends like that, who needs enemies?! LOL. J/K.

All sounds repairable or replaceable. My experience with Progressive from an auto accident (haven't had to use them on the bike yet, knock on wood), was extremely painless.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:46 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow,that was quite a bit of damage to both bikes.

Glad to hear you guys were not killed.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:11 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 578 Likes on 305 Posts
Angry

You know, after all the "glad you and your friend are okay........and bikes are replaceable and friends are not..........and hope you can remain friends" and all that crap. This is really disturbing to hear. That a so called "friend", a riding buddy, could be so f'n careless with YOUR life. Every day we ride in the jungle and know when we leave our driveway we are putting ourselves in harms way, but we understand the dangers and accept the consequences. But to get fricken' rammed up the azz by a "friend". That to me is unacceptable. If this were me, whatever excuse this guy has, in my opinion, is not worth the effort my ears would have to put forth to hear it. I would NEVER ride with this guy again. And I wouldn't give a chit if the friendship ended.

Another reason I like to ride alone!

JUST SAYIN'

Old 07-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by danzio
You know, after all the "glad you and your friend are okay........and bikes are replaceable and friends are not..........and hope you can remain friends" and all that crap. This is really disturbing to hear. That a so called "friend", a riding buddy, could be so f'n careless with YOUR life. Every day we ride in the jungle and know when we leave our driveway we are putting ourselves in harms way, but we understand the dangers and accept the consequences. But to get fricken' rammed up the azz by a "friend". That to me is unacceptable. If this were me, whatever excuse this guy has, in my opinion, is not worth the effort my ears would have to put forth to hear it. I would NEVER ride with this guy again. And I wouldn't give a chit if the friendship ended.

Another reason I like to ride alone!

JUST SAYIN'
with that kind of thought process i guess it is good that you like to ride alone - stupid things do happen - when they do we can only move on & look at how much worse it could have been - and not at who can we blame - life is to short!

Quick Reply: got rear ended today in York, Maine