Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accent LED'S for that WOW Factor

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
hotwheels57
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accent LED'S for that WOW Factor

Thinking about doing some accent lights on my Streetglide. Would like to get some ideas on best placement of lights and on/off switch location. Would love to see some pics of how yours turned out, and if you would have done anything different.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:42 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine use a remote fob for on/off. Lot's of good LED companies out there. Mine are http://www.swintledlights.com/

Old 07-29-2011, 05:50 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a friend put mine on, so I don't remember exactly where they all are. I know they're under the gas tank, behind the air cleaner, and I'll be damned if I remember the other places. There's a crappy cell-phone pic of mine from awhile ago. I had mine connected to my accesory switch, next to my cruise button, so I can turn them on even when the ignition is turned off. I'll add more under my fenders once I get some nice wheels.

Attached Thumbnails Accent LED'S for that WOW Factor-blue-led-lights.jpg  
Old 07-29-2011, 06:26 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I went with the Stingerz kit from customdynamics.com. i also have their Wheel Lightz.

I pulled the tank and ran all the wires nice and hidden. i've got strips of LEDs on the saddlebag rails, the frame under the motor, under the tank, horn, intake, and front of the frame and a couple other spots. the wheel light is mounted to the back side of the front caliper.

i used the supplied on/off button. i drilled a hole in the bottom of my left side cover and put it there. works like a charm.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:36 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the accent lights because of the look, and also the safety factor, you're a lot more visible at night. I use Joe Florida, I ahve a remote switch, and also one mounted right behind the engine on the frame in front of the battery, one of the holes there was the perfect size.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:42 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All of my L.E.D.S. came from either autozone or harbor freight. If you want red or blue you cant go wrong with these. The auto parts stores have very low profile strips that are easy to conceal. I have them under the tank, under the saddlebag support rail, inside of tourpack support rail, and above starter running up under the seat. Short ones inside front fender. Harbor freights lights are encased in rubber and will bend almost any direction. They are under rider floorboards, behind downtube crossbrace above regulator behind horn cover, and behind air cleaner. I have a key fob remote for on off, strobe, heartbeat and fade.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:20 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Ive done a couple of bikes with lights from Boogy Lights. On my current bike I have their Ultimate engine kit, under the saddle bags, on both front calibers, under each floor board, and under the toup pak. Have a remote which i never use but put the switch on the inside of the left heat shield neat the tank and seat intersetion. Heres a pic, not a bod one as it wasnt dark.

Attached Thumbnails Accent LED'S for that WOW Factor-img_1304.jpg  
Old 07-29-2011, 08:41 PM
itstime2ride
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did my own. Bought the lights (300 in a reel) from Superbright LED's. I got the water proof ones with black background. I used the numbers of lights based on Joe Floridas, and others kits for wheels tank etc. Using these lights you can cut them in any grouping of threes. You have to be able to solder a wire to each grouping and can "daisy chain" them for under fenders etc. I use a bit of silicone and shrink tape on the end over the solder points.

A reel of 300 will do about 1.5 bikes. It cost me 139.00. That did not include the wire and other supplies.

For the switch I wired it in to the Harley accesory switch which I got on ebay for 15.

Overall, I get many compliments and did it tasteful not "over the top"

Lights are one of thise things that ya either like em or ya dont.

As for safety I agree that at night I am seen, from the sides.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:18 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wish i had a better pic

Attached Thumbnails Accent LED'S for that WOW Factor-p1010421.jpg  
Old 07-29-2011, 09:25 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

both the wife and I had Joe Florida LED's on our former bikes and since we just upgraded to the new bikes we haven't had the chance to do them yet, but we will

we did the multi-color kit - 207 lights - with remote and 16 different settings

super awesome kit and multi-color allows you to have fun instead of just having the same old same old every time

and the remote control does everything so it's nothing to change colors, or put it into a pattern all you do is click a damn button on the remote and you have a new setting

http://ledaccentlights.net/store/ind...roducts_id=377

Quick Reply: Accent LED'S for that WOW Factor