Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big inch baggers

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts
Default RE: Big inch baggers

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

back your *** off BH...bet he can and does build his own and we all like different things...i'm not the least bit impressed with you bangin on him....now we're buds on this forum, be nice, youre a cool guy....some of us like power and some of us know it aint gonna blow either....some of us dont even care if it does cause its the build and the experiment that matter...who knows, one day maybe we'll be coachin you on a build

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

A 155" RK...big deal...seems kinda senseless. But hey, it's your sense and cash...not even the least bit impressed. Have fun rebuilding it when the grenade goes off! What impresses me is a guy that can build a motor himself, not spend a fortune, AND have power, decent fuel economy, & a reliable, rideable bagger in the end. On the other hand a high comp, big inch, race motor is cool...on a drag strip...where it really matters...but on a TC bagger? Get real!
Well said Bryan.

BTW BH - Dog155 never said anything about a hi comp race motor. All he mentioned was big inch. I would be willing to bet a low comp 155 incher would be more streetable than you think. My only concern would be cylinder height and frame clearance.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:44 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

107 man myself, Welcome, looking foward to your posts and pics.

nick@nite

Old 11-11-2006, 10:34 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[sm=nxsmile.gif] I doing a much smaller build now. There are some real knowlegdeable people on here that will give you some great advice! Sounds like you will have a hell of a motor!! Good luck!! My son got me into the engine build stuff 2 bikes ago. Once you do it ,you cant do without it!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dog155: What will the bore and stroke be on that engine! Whose manufacture of lower end will you use? What is the maximum stroke that lower end will take? Enquiring minds want to know! :-) I look forward to reading on the progress of this build-up. Thanks in advance. .............. BC

Old 11-12-2006, 12:40 AM
ldr999
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

welcome to the forum DOG155---i don't know **** about motors---very willing to learn---looking for some pictures.

Old 11-12-2006, 01:07 AM
toolbox
Road Master

Welcome to the forum and lloking forward to your posts of the big inch bike! I gotta say, I'm one of those who like that POWER! Enjoy & ride safe.

TOOLBOX

[IMG]local://upfiles/11196/099CF53BAD07404BAC614E5F714FC85E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-12-2006, 02:46 AM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A 155" RK...big deal...seems kinda senseless. But hey, it's your sense and cash...not even the least bit impressed. Have fun rebuilding it when the grenade goes off! What impresses me is a guy that can build a motor himself, not spend a fortune, AND have power, decent fuel economy, & a reliable, rideable bagger in the end. On the other hand a high comp, big inch, race motor is cool...on a drag strip...where it really matters...but on a TC bagger? Get real!

Hey bountyhunter, I take it the T-Rex Duals don't work to well on Big" Motors[sm=smarty.gif] Or is their just to much motor and not enough CLAMPS to hold them on[sm=confused06.gif][sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 11-12-2006, 04:47 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 1,841 Posts

ORIGINAL: 04RoadKing

Hey bountyhunter, I take it the T-Rex Duals don't work to well on Big" Motors[sm=smarty.gif] Or is their just to much motor and not enough CLAMPS to hold them on[sm=confused06.gif][sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

I have a bagger and when I'm on it I have big inches where it counts, does that count for a big inch bagger?

Old 11-12-2006, 01:47 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Honestly,I expected a little razing from those that have never experienced that kind of torque.I get a kick out it and I have nothing to prove just love riding big inch machines.I bought this motor right out of the CNC machines,since I do my own polishing,and assemble my own motors,which saved me lots of cash.
This 155"TC is from R&R Cycles in Manchester NH.My first visit,I met one of the owners Reg Ronzello,took a tour of the entire shop,and being an ex machinst,I was hooked.Also took a ride on one of their 155" powered Hot Rods.that cannot be described,you have to feel it yourselves.This motor has a 4 5/8" by 4 5/8" bore/stroke combination.It is all 6061T billet, 10.2:1 compression,S&S super D with 3 Thunder-Jets.This motor is a hair over 1" taller, and my 05 RK frame is all marked for the surgery.I would be very proud to ride along with any of you,and of course I would have to show off a little.Wouldn't you? A lot of the boys I ride with now on my 124" Road Glide,don't mind at all,they blow out around me all the time.Isn't that what it is all about.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:10 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

www.rrcycles.biz Just checkin' out those 155" dyno charts...HOLY CRAP...now I'm impressed!
165/180...185/190SS.

Quick Reply: Big inch baggers