Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200 Tire on 2011 FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011 | 01:55 PM
slothy
Road Warrior

200 on a 6.25 here, 10k in the setup and no odd issues.

Old 07-28-2011 | 02:18 PM
SkipCarey
Tourer

Originally Posted by kerrycorcoran
The stance and rake are completely different on the softail as compared to the SG. Wouldn't be near an apples to apples comparison unfortunately.
Yea the rake is different but the stance?not sure what that has to do with this either, u take two round objects hooked to any frame and roll it fast ...........the larger OD tire is gonna be turning slower than the rear but thats the only difference ,Im no engineer but I am a mechanic and IMHO its not tire/rim OD size or width causin this issue its a combination of things in relation to harmonics (anybody remember the worlds fastest indian)?

Old 07-28-2011 | 04:11 PM
acd118
|
Tourer

Thanks again for the info guys. So basically, I can run a 200 tire on a 6.25 inch wheel with no problems or other mods??? That's what I'm getting from what I'm reading.

I agree with Kor, but I also don't really think I'll be doing to much 100mph runs. I also had the 21 front 17 rear with 200 on the back and besides the dragging hard parts, my Night Train rode awesome (as long as you don't count the bumps).

So I guess now I have to decide which rear diameter (17 or 18).

SG_Dave and Slothy, you guys also have a damn nice bikes. Jealous, big time. Maybe I should be asking how to make more money

Old 07-28-2011 | 04:14 PM
mllgator
Tourer

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
Hogpro and Coastal Moto have good deals. I went with Hogpro because they had what I wanted and they also made me a deal on the front fender. Coastal gave me pretty good quotes as well. If you want to go with a 200 tire, then you may be better off with a 21/17 rear. I have heard of some wobble issues with the 21/18 with the 200
I have 2 friends (both with Street Glides) with this set-up and each have serious issues with rear-wheel "creep". Both hate it and are dumping the 200's ASAP

Old 07-28-2011 | 04:57 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

We prefer the Metzler setup with a 200/50-17 on the rear. If you go with the Avon Cobra tires the rear is a 200/55-17 which sits up a little bit taller. Let me know what wheels you like and I will work you up the best deal I can.

Old 07-28-2011 | 10:10 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by acd118
Thanks again for the info guys. So basically, I can run a 200 tire on a 6.25 inch wheel with no problems or other mods??? That's what I'm getting from what I'm reading.

I agree with Kor, but I also don't really think I'll be doing to much 100mph runs. I also had the 21 front 17 rear with 200 on the back and besides the dragging hard parts, my Night Train rode awesome (as long as you don't count the bumps).

So I guess now I have to decide which rear diameter (17 or 18).

SG_Dave and Slothy, you guys also have a damn nice bikes. Jealous, big time. Maybe I should be asking how to make more money
Thank you.

Old 07-29-2011 | 11:29 AM
acd118
|
Tourer
Default Robert at Hogpro

Whats your professional take on this wobble/creep issue please? Any customers coming back with problems? There are several guys who already have this set-up on their bikes. They seem to enjoy what they have, but there also seems to be a constant topic, so does it really exist or is this the proverbial story that gets exagerrated a little more everytime it is told?

Thanks,

Old 07-29-2011 | 11:30 AM
acd118
|
Tourer
Default Mllgator

Your friends running 17 or 18 inch rears? I ask because it seems that the issue is with the 18 inchers.

Old 07-29-2011 | 06:07 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by acd118
Whats your professional take on this wobble/creep issue please? Any customers coming back with problems? There are several guys who already have this set-up on their bikes. They seem to enjoy what they have, but there also seems to be a constant topic, so does it really exist or is this the proverbial story that gets exagerrated a little more everytime it is told?

Thanks,
Customers reported a lot of problems with the 200mm tires on 18 x 5.5" wheels so we stop recommending that combo a long time ago. Since then we have recommend 200mm tire on 17 x 6.25" wheels and I haven't heard of any problems from my customers. I have read a couple people on here had issues with the 200/17 combination but none that I have dealt with personally. Could be a bad batch of tires, bad balancing, etc. I really don't think that there is any inherent issues with this set-up otherwise we would have heard about it.

Old 07-29-2011 | 09:28 PM
acd118
|
Tourer
Default Thanks Robert

I appreciate you getting back to me on this. I have read the same thing, the bad tire issue on the 18X5.5. I believe I will be running the 21x3.25/17x6.25 combo. I checked your website and I guess I will have to save a little bit more unfortunately. I do like your personalized service though, very professional and makes you seem like you want a sale. I've been on your website a thousand times when I had my Deuce because I wanted a 200 kit for that bike, but then I bought an "07 Night Train with a 200 from factory. We rode the hell out of that bike but once we did the glide ride, it was all over with then. My girl said that is the bike she wants. I secretly wanted it too.

Since you are kind enough to reply, I would like to ask a couple more questions. First, like I said, I will have to save a little longer. Military budget brother, plus child support even though I have 50-50 custody. Figure that one out. Anyway, can you tell me if there is a big difference between chrome and polished please? Obviously, the wheels are plated with the chrome, but it is cheaper to get polished. Is this something you recommend for someone on a budget or is it simply smarter to get the chrome? I wash the bike all the time and keep it clean. I never had any issues with the polished smoothie rear on my Night Train and actually had it looking like chrome after I Flitzed it. I plan on keeping this bike for a long time so I want the best product for my money. My fiance and I love this bike. Can you somehow seal polished wheels so they keep the shine and not get oxidized?

Does Hogpro have any "less than perfect" wheel sets? Something with a tiny scratch maybe? Or possibly used sets? Do you guys need a bike in PA to represent or trial fit wheels? I like your idea of saver sets but unfortunately, don't really like the asthetics of those wheels. The Coastal Moto, renegade, and Colorado Custom wheels are hot. I'm not a big fan of PM, kid seems like a spoiled brat that got his start from his daddy (I'm just jealous). But something along those lines would be great. I also would want at the very least front rotors to match as well. I would probably also want Dyna Beads so I wouldn't have any ugly weights hanging on my wheels.

So there are my prerequisites that I am trying to get for the absolute cheapest price possible. I know it asking for a lot but we all want what we want. My problem is being stuck in the position I am in. But I am sincere when I say that I like you going after the sale and I have watched Hogpro for years. I WILL get wheels at some point so hopefully we can make something happen.

Thanks,

Ash

Quick Reply: 200 Tire on 2011 FLHX