Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 12:18 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by CndUltra95
So, my advice to you is get the PCV from Fuel Motto or any other retailer and have it tuned.
IMO this is the best value in the tuner market today. Their maps are very close and few will want or need to perform a dyno-tune, which will save quite a bit of money.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:12 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,356 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Originally Posted by davehtutk
@ skratch Is this what your talking about? screamin’ eagle® street Performance tuner Kit. Found this on the website. I want to know what to ask my dealer about. It says that it can adjust the fuel air mixture, but can not adjust the following: throttle, spark, RPM limit, Idle, accel and decel enrichment. Based on this I know I want the bike a little richer to help with the heat (texas summers are almost as hot as here in Iraq, well not quite, been 125 for the past 20 days) other than that im not trying to make the fastest bike on the road, i can buy a crotch rocket for that they are always cheap around hood with all the deployments. Thanks again
yeah, that is the 'street legal' version that will keep your bike within epa specs ie. lean (hot).

the race tuner is the 'screamin eagle pro super tuner (sepst) and has much more capabilities. it is also for 'race applications only', is not epa compliant, and can void your warranty (depends on your dealer).

you've got a lot of options, and it can be a daunting task to decide which one to use. but like other folks have said, the pcv from fuel moto is a great value. and is able to handle most future mods (that you may not have planned now, but may pop up)

i know about them hot summers in baghdad, spent over 16 months over there. but i'll tell you what, when i left it was 125+ over there, when i arrived here, it was 'only' 95. but that humidity when getting off of the plane was killer. it was worse than the 125.....

get home safe, dude.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:19 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by davehtutk
Ok,
So i spent part of the morning reading about the different types of tuners here on the site, but still have not got my answer. One reason may be because im tired and wont wait for stuff to load on this slow *** internet i have here in Iraq.

Im headed home in a couple weeks after one of the longest years in Iraq that I can remember. I have a 2010 SG and want to upgrade the exhaust, going for the rinehart extreme duals at 3.5. So Ill add the cleaner, not sure which one yet, and after talking to my dealer he said to add a tuner. That seems to be the consensus here, but Im not sure which one. He suggests the SERT and some posts have said it is the best, others go for the PCV and then i read an article that talks about the fuel pak from V&H. Im getting the install done at the dealer and the price doesnt matter as much I just want the quality and what works the best. Im love my Glide and Im going to keep it for a while so long lasting and better quality matter.

Thanks for the help. Oh yea I cant check this site but in the Morning for me because the internet is to slow here so it takes me atleast 24 hours to respond.
If you are set on taking it to the dealer your options are limited. Meaning they may or may NOT install what YOU want vs what THEY want.