Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Ever Had/Heard BOTH These Pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Anybody Ever Had/Heard BOTH These Pipes?

Rush slip-ons with a 2.5 baffle, and Jackpot slip-ons? Had Rush on my 09 EG Classic, and liked them. Might do them on my 11 103 Ltd Ultra too. I've heard good things about Jackpots, but have never heard them. Are they similar to that Rush setup? (as loud or louder than Rush is OK with me.) Are they deeper & throatier than Rush? Different diameter baffles like Rush? Also, info on preferences, I didn't like the sound of a V&H Monster Oval. Ran into a guy yesterday with Kerker slip-ons. Sounded great, but I didn't like the "gergling" on the decel. Rush didn't give me that. Does Jackpot? Thanks.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
MrHog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Rush slip-ons with a 2.5 baffle, and Jackpot slip-ons? Had Rush on my 09 EG Classic, and liked them. Might do them on my 11 103 Ltd Ultra too. I've heard good things about Jackpots, but have never heard them. Are they similar to that Rush setup? (as loud or louder than Rush is OK with me.) Are they deeper & throatier than Rush? Different diameter baffles like Rush? Also, info on preferences, I didn't like the sound of a V&H Monster Oval. Ran into a guy yesterday with Kerker slip-ons. Sounded great, but I didn't like the "gergling" on the decel. Rush didn't give me that. Does Jackpot? Thanks.
My first set on my '05 RK with duals was the Rush 2.5 baffle. I liked them and they really sounded good. I didn't like that they had a wrap around the baffle that burned off over time. I took the wrap out and didn't like the sound. Put what was left of the wrap back on and sold them. I hear some say the Jackpots are not as loud. Some say quiter than the 4" Rineharts. I had the Rineharts last year and the Rush 2.5s were louder and a bit deeper.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Thanks. I agree. I like the sound of Rush as well (or better) than those Rineharts I have on there now. I don't want the Jackpots if they're not as loud as Rush. I let my baffle packing burn off the Rush, and it sounded even better after a few thousand miles, than when they were new.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:45 PM
MrHog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Thanks. I agree. I like the sound of Rush as well (or better) than those Rineharts I have on there now. I don't want the Jackpots if they're not as loud as Rush. I let my baffle packing burn off the Rush, and it sounded even better after a few thousand miles, than when they were new.
Sounded better after the burn out? Maybe I should of held on to them a bit longer then!

Old 07-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by MrHog
Sounded better after the burn out? Maybe I should of held on to them a bit longer then!
Maybe you didn't give them enough time. I heard the 2.5s (on an Ultra) when I bought my EG Classic, and they were pretty loud. Went with the 2.25. Not as much as I wanted. Must be this Ultra had the packing completely burned off. After a few months, I put in the 2.5s. They were no big deal, and I was even a little bit disappointed. After a few thousand miles though, and they started burning off the packing, then they started barking, but it was a nice bagger-type loud. Not obnoxious like a straight-through Vance & Hines on a Fat Boy, like a friend of my son has. That's bad. You probably know what I mean. Since I've never heard the Jackpots, I'll probably go back to the Rush. I know what it is, and I wasn't disappointed with them.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Tee Bagger
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the jackpots, took out the packing that surrounds the baffles. These, in my opinion sound the best. May not be quite as loud as rush..but close. But they really sound tuned. They make the bike sound really healthy...not just a bunch of noise.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Thanks Tee Bagger. That helps. Are there different diameter baffles like Rush? If the Jackpot packing burns off like Rush, and gets louder, that's good for me. Do they do that "gergling" thing on the decel? My Rush didn't do it.