Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Son is not having luck with Roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 12:39 AM
lschultz
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Son is not having luck with Roadglide

My son order him a 07 Black Pearl Roadglide around the end of August. They got one end several days ago but it was Black Cherry Pearl. Got one end today but it is Vivid Black. They don't know where his Black Pearl Roadglide is. They had a ship date for it of Oct 25. Said they can not find one in a Black Pearl. He says he will wait till they get one end. Anybody had any problems like this when you order a certain color? They say they will make it worth is while if he waits for a Black Pearl.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:42 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Son is not having luck with Roadglide

If that's what he really want's... pateince will pay. Hold them to the "make it worth his while" statement!

Old 11-11-2006, 12:57 AM
sortasuave
Tourer

Not to be a jerk....

But it's not like that's the only HD in the state of Texas. As far as I can tell on the map, you in between San Antonio and Houston and Austin. That puts you within 100 miles of at least 4 HD dealerships.... Central Texas usually has a couple of this color on hand. Might ought to check there...

Old 11-11-2006, 01:01 AM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 words DEALER TRADE

Old 11-11-2006, 01:13 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lschultz

My son order him a 07 Black Pearl Roadglide around the end of August. They got one end several days ago but it was Black Cherry Pearl. Got one end today but it is Vivid Black. They don't know where his Black Pearl Roadglide is. They had a ship date for it of Oct 25. Said they can not find one in a Black Pearl. He says he will wait till they get one end. Anybody had any problems like this when you order a certain color? They say they will make it worth is while if he waits for a Black Pearl.
Does he want to ride? I wanted a nice deep cobalt blue Road Glide, but that was 4 months down the road. A vivid black was coming in in 5 days. See sig! I am just as happy and have 4 more months riding time. He has to decide what is important to him: getting in the saddle or colour.

Old 11-11-2006, 01:18 AM
HangFire
Cruiser

I had to wait about two months for mine to come in, but it was worth the wait.

Old 11-11-2006, 01:26 AM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lschultz

Based strictly on what you're saying, I'm betting that for whatever reason, the dealer didn't put the color change request into the order system before the build date was locked. If this is true, then the Black Cherry bike is probably the bike your son ordered and your dealer is not being 100% straight with you when they say they "don't know where the Black Pearl Roadglide is".

On the other hand, I'm a Dallas native and I love grassy knoll theories so take this for what it's worth.....

Old 11-11-2006, 10:42 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Sounds like the dealer lied about the order or is just to lazy to track it down.Should be as easy as a phone call.
Cancel the order because of their stupidity and go to another dealer if they cant give you a srtaight answer.
If the dealer "ordered" the bike then HD has it and they should not have to "look" for one.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Cache
Tourer

[color=#FF0000]Trust me!!!! When HD orders a bike, there is no losing a bike. They know the truth! They're just playing dumb to see if you bite. They f*cked up and they want you to take a substitute to make up for their mistake.

Ask the dealer/salesman if he would take another bike other than what he ordered? Play the logic game with them....it's hard to combat logic and common sense...actually it should be easy with those dummies. Take the other bike if they knock a sweet chunk of change off the price.

Otherwise you wait and they win....or go to another dealer with a genuine concern for the customer.

[sm=bicker.gif]

Old 11-11-2006, 11:26 AM
IceHeritage
Road Master

Back in March i Ordered a Vivid Black 07 Road Glide which was suppose to be the first Color delivered to the Dealer suppose to ship the day of the Dealer Expo. To make a long Story Short my Bike was the 4th Bike/Colored delivered an extra 2 weeks, i waiting and couldn't be happier

Quick Reply: Son is not having luck with Roadglide