Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Son is not having luck with Roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Son is not having luck with Roadglide

When I ordered my 06, the dealer forwarded me an e-mail from H-D with the following information:

Order Status: (1A) ALLOCATED
Order Type: (RG) REGULAR ORDER
Family: FL
Model: 2006 FLTRI DOM
Deliver To:
Sales Status: Deposit
Phase: 3
Plan Ship Date: March 2006
Actual Ship Date:
Credit Terms: (IA) HARLEY-DAVIDSON CRED
Purchase Order: XXXXXX
Customer Name: XXXXX
Model Change: 2006 FLTRI DOM Y 01/16/06
Color: (018) BLACK PEARL Y 01/16/06
Wheel: (201) CAST Y 01/16/06
Scrty: (301) YES Y 01/16/06

They said this confirmed my purchase and that the bike was being built. Your dealer should have the same info on file for your sons. Hope that helps.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:57 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Son is not having luck with Roadglide

Thanks for that post. I'll stop by my local and request mine. The Roadie I ordered is Yellow Pearl and for the past couple years had considered but not ready. They always had Geezer colors and down-talked the yellow. I hate to be disappointed in March! Especially since the store across town had one in-stock!

Old 11-11-2006, 11:57 PM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Son is not having luck with Road glide

When I when to purchase my bike I told wanted Yellow Pearl, they said they couldn't get one but how about this one. I said how about I take my buissness elsewhere. They called me a couple of days later, they miraculously found one.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:30 AM
schultz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well he ain't got it yet. They had a red one come in last week. He is starting to get pissed so he called back yesterday evening late and salesman played I don't know with him said he would call him back later he had to talk to his sales manager. Called him back around 7 and said somebody f***** up and it was not him but he said they found a black pearl at some dealer and would call him today after they talk to this dealer and see if they can trade. When he talks to them this evening he will ask them where the dealer is at that has this bike. And he wants to know who screwed up. They keep telling him them they will make it up to him so he will see if they make good on this or he will tell them to stick it and go elsewhere.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:53 AM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: schultz

Well he ain't got it yet. They had a red one come in last week. He is starting to get pissed so he called back yesterday evening late and salesman played I don't know with him said he would call him back later he had to talk to his sales manager. Called him back around 7 and said somebody f***** up and it was not him but he said they found a black pearl at some dealer and would call him today after they talk to this dealer and see if they can trade. When he talks to them this evening he will ask them where the dealer is at that has this bike. And he wants to know who screwed up. They keep telling him them they will make it up to him so he will see if they make good on this or he will tell them to stick it and go elsewhere.
The salesman already has little credibility - but then to go and play the "it's not my fault" card is total bullshit. Doesn't matter who's fault it is, the salesman owns the responsibility of ensuring the transaction is carried out as agreed upon when the deal was signed. This salesman should have been falling all over himself trying to fix the problem as soon as he realized there was a problem with the order.

You're a far more patient person than I am. [:@]

Old 11-29-2006, 02:44 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They made a mistake, very many people have their hands in processing a order. If he gets it then who cares who messed up, let them make it up to him and he might get a better deal.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

They made a mistake, very many people have their hands in processing a order. If he gets it then who cares who messed up, let them make it up to him and he might get a better deal.
The problem is that they will probably want to make it up to him by giving him a service discount or something that will get him back into the dealership so they can screw even more stuff up!

Old 11-29-2006, 05:13 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: BG Weasel

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

The problem is that they will probably want to make it up to him by giving him a service discount or something that will get him back into the dealership so they can screw even more stuff up!
A lot of you guys are down on dealers, hell there people and we all make mistakes, my dealer ordered my roadglide and it was due in mid sept. didnt get it till mid october. No big deal, they gave me 1450.00 off msrp, other dealers wanted full msrp. Id say if youre dealer is that bad I wouldnt even do the deal with them.