Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why does the Sundowner Solo require the tank adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:12 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 305 Posts
Default Why does the Sundowner Solo require the tank adapter?

I have a Sundowner 2 up on my '07 Ultra and want to have another seat for Solo riding with the Tourpak removed. All Sundowner Solo's require the additional tank adapter, which is nothing more than another small leather patch that fills the area between the nose of the seat and the exposed tank area aft of the console. Which I have by the way as it came with my Badlander seat that I can't stand because of the riding position it puts me in. But the tank adapter, in my opinion looks real cheesy. An afterthought I guess. The MOCO doesn't see enough of a market to make the Sundowner Solo for the correct fit on the Ultra so they just use the RK seat and put a patch on the tank, is that it? Why then not and SG seat? Aren't they the same frame and everything? Or is there a difference in where the mounting bracket foot engages with the frame. It all probably doesn't matter much though since I just realized yesterday that from my job, I am only about 7 miles from C & C Seats. I'll be paying them a visit on Friday.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

Not sure about 07's, but 06's and prior have a short tank dash, and the sundowner solo seat does not have a long nose to reach the dash. You can use it as is, but there will be a gap between the seat and the dash with out it.

Drag specialties sells a nice chrome dash extender for about the same price as the HD leather looking one.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:35 AM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
Not sure about 07's, but 06's and prior have a short tank dash, and the sundowner solo seat does not have a long nose to reach the dash. You can use it as is, but there will be a gap between the seat and the dash with out it.

Drag specialties sells a nice chrome dash extender for about the same price as the HD leather looking one.
He's right. If you don't use it, you'll have a GAP between the seat and the tank.