Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXRG Harley Riding Gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 12:16 AM
mcman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXRG Harley Riding Gear

Just purchased a FXRG riding suit, pant and jacket and gloves, yesterday. Mucho bucks. Haven't even had enough cold weather to try it out. Everybody raved about it at my dealer as being fine stuff. Anybody out there have it?? Any experience with it good or bad??

Old 11-11-2006, 02:03 AM
hawg03
Road Captain
Default RE: FXRG Harley Riding Gear

Got the jacket a while back as a present...very sturdy and great for cold weather. I feel it has good protection, however, does get toasty in warm weather (Even though the jacket has zippered vents).

Old 11-11-2006, 09:50 AM
mcman
Cruiser

Thanks hawg. I think I'll enjoy it. I hope so for the $$ it cost.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Here's my 2 cents: Own the first generation FXRG jacket and pants, both ballistic cordura with zip-in quilted liners. It doesn't wear out! Waterproof and very warm with the liners. The duo will serve as rain gear for three seasons (excepting the hottest portion of Summer). Yes, it was expensive at the time, but I've had it for years and it has held up and performed perfectly. Goes through the washing machine and hangs up to dry.

Money well spent.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:26 PM
mcman
Cruiser

Thanks, I've been looking for a suit such as this ever since I've been riding motorcycles. Can't wait to try it.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:35 PM
gern_blannsten
Advanced

Great stuff!! When I bought mine, I skipped on the gloves and the boots. Should have invested before my Memorial Day ride through Yellowstone. 2 blizzards and the only things that got wet and cold were my hands and feet. Had a pair of ski gloves on, which were fine until they got wet, then basically useless. Bought a pair of light gloves to wear under them (in the Park so they cost about as much as the FXRG gloves anyhow, ). Now I've bought the gloves and looking at the boots, or at least some sort of GorTex lined boots. Just my plug in favor.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:05 PM
mcman
Cruiser

Thanks, I'm really getting some positive responses on the FXRG stuff. They're having to order my FXRG gloves and I really haven't considered the boots but I'm sure I will in the future. Was going riding today to check out the coat and pant, although the weather really wasn't cold enough, and found that I'm going to have to swap the 2XX top for a 1X. It's just too darned big. Nevertheless, I think I'm going to be happy with the whole thing. Also thinking about buy the wife a set of it for Christmas. Thanks for your input.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

my wife and i bought her father an FXRG leather jkt last christmas.... the thing was like $600 and weighed about 10lbs. beautiful and excellent construction.... when i need a new leather, itll be the FXRG

Old 11-11-2006, 08:26 PM
tbone22
Advanced

I justed listed two brand new leather fxrg jackets, 3xl, midweight and a lightwieght in the for sale section, if anyone is interseted.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:25 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love FXRG!! Anything that keeps a guy OUT OF CHAPS!!!LOL[

Quick Reply: FXRG Harley Riding Gear