Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXRG Harley Riding Gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FXRG Harley Riding Gear

I have the FXRG nylon jacket and have to give it a 10 for design.
Between the glasses pocket , cell phone pocket , liner , kidney belt , storm flaps , and vents , soft armour , reflective striping , you know this was designed for bikers by bikers.
From rain to snow to 90 degrees and sunny , it just works super.(ok maybe a bit warm when 90 degrees)
I don't even carry a rain jacket , just pants , and feel prepared for darn near anything with this jacket.
I choked on the price , but I'd do it again for sure.
Mick

Old 11-11-2006, 11:38 PM
ragingbull
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my FXRG leather jacket but have already had to get the zipper repaired(8 weeks at dealership) and it's only 4 months old. I never have been a big fan of double zip nylon zippers. If it causes a problem again I am going to have a regular nylon zipper sewn in. Just make sure the tang is all the way through to the base of the bottom zipper. Other than that a very high quality jacket.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:46 PM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the leather jacket, and it is the best jacket I own. Very warm. I would like to get the leather pants, but the dealers never have any. I am considering buying the gloves, but I dont really want to spend 120+ dollars just yet. I highly recommend this line of clothing.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:40 AM
woodeyewetzel
Tourer

I have had one for 2 years. I live in New Orleans and it gets cold and damp here. I rode the Tail of The Dragon in Feb. last year in 19 degree weather and was warm with long johns under the suit.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:59 AM
mcman
Cruiser

Haven't received the first negative response on the FXRG stuff yet. I'm so happy! !

Old 11-22-2006, 11:24 AM
mcman
Cruiser

Went ahead and bought my wife a set of the FXRG stuff so we'd match. Can't believe I've got $1600 invested in riding suits but during my first cold ride it proved that it's going to be worth it for both of us. OK, it was only 40 degrees but neither of us were cold. I only had a T-shirt on underneath the FXRG jacket. Feet might need a little attention though. Anybody got the FXRG boots?? Thanks for all the responses.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:43 AM
jackj
Banned

Have 36K using it, a little on the heavy side, but overall like it very much, just don't gain weight. i have the boots also, like very much

Old 11-22-2006, 01:18 PM
dogmatic66
Novice

I have the boots and absolutely love them. No problems to date. They're Gore-Tex boots, so theoretically your feet can get hot in the dead of summer. However, if you wear good socks, like Smartwool or any performance merino wool, you won't be uncomfortable. The boots are worth the price - your feet will stay dry in wet weather and warm in cool weather. I am going to buy the FXRG nylon overpants in the spring. They are really sweet as well, and come in long sizes for tall guys like myself. A lot of the Euro stuff (Hein Gericke, etc.), despite good quality, isn't available in long lengths.