Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A+ to Brukus (but bag there tool)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 11:51 AM
bruce sg08
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A+ to Brukus (but bag there tool)

Installed there saddle bag secure kit, left for an extended vacation and threw the specialty tool in the bottom of the saddle bag. Of course we hit rain, the next morning I threw the bike cover in the saddle bag while still damp. When I got home a few days later I couldn't believe how bad the rust was, not just on the tool, but cover, saddlebag insert. I sent an email to brukus telling them of my experience and suggested they look into a coated tool or at least a disclaimer suggesting putting it a baggie.It was as just much my fault as the tool, I could have easily thrown it in a baggie, just never thought it would be needed. I wasn't upset with them or looking for anything just letting them know of a potential problem. I got a response from them and a few days later a new coated tool showed up in the mail. Can't beat that for customer service!!!! A + to them and a big thanks.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Don't forget we are running a contest to name our newest product - securing the 4-point docking system for tour packs! Winner wins the product! Here's the link!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Expat1
Road Master
Location: Annemasse (border of Geneva-Switzerland) facing Mt-Blanc.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi,
I just received the saddlebag secure kit and I find it's a very simple and clever solution.
I'll probably drill a hole in a hex bit to keep the appropriate tool with my keys. If we leave tools in our saddlebag we're facilitating theft because saddlebag covers seem 'easily accessible' to someone using brute force. A set of Touring saddlebags cost ~1000Euros in the EU, so why should we take a chance?

Old 07-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Expat1
Hi,
I just received the saddlebag secure kit and I find it's a very simple and clever solution.
I'll probably drill a hole in a hex bit to keep the appropriate tool with my keys. If we leave tools in our saddlebag we're facilitating theft because saddlebag covers seem 'easily accessible' to someone using brute force. A set of Touring saddlebags cost ~1000Euros in the EU, so why should we take a chance?
Glad you received the product and are happy with it. Just so you know, we make a "Tool Keyper" keychain to hold the security tool and/or the bit so you have them with your keys. It's an easy solution to having the tools with you.