Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:10 PM
02ULTRA
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you did not have the Race Tuner mapped after the cam change, I would do that. When I went with the Andrews 21 Cam for my 88", my mileage dropped until I had it remapped. I came back some, but keep in mind, breathing more fire in the engine will require more fuel.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 PM
nail bender
Advanced

Originally Posted by 02ULTRA
If you did not have the Race Tuner mapped after the cam change, I would do that. When I went with the Andrews 21 Cam for my 88", my mileage dropped until I had it remapped. I came back some, but keep in mind, breathing more fire in the engine will require more fuel.
the cams were not changed they are the same cams that have been in the bike since i bought it and have put 30,000 miles on it. the only parts that have been changed are this. lifters, cam bearings, hydralic cam chain tensiner upgrade with se cam plate, new oil pump. the stock tensioners were bad so i upgraded to the new style. the kit comes with a new oil pump. i changed the lifters in case some debris from the tensioners had gotten in them. cam bearings are cheap so since i was in there i changed them as well.just confused as to why my mileage has dropped so much because the things i changed should not affect gas mileage. just wondering if i may have done something wrong. but the bike runs as good or better than ever so i am lost. but my mileage has dropped of by about 10 mpg. i have only put about 700 miles on sinse this repair so i will watch it more to see if i got badf gas or something

Old 07-27-2011, 11:37 PM
nail bender
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
I'd suspect it's in the tune.
tune has not been changed , and the parts that were should not affect gas mileage