Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHERE TO BUY ACCESSORIES for new 2011 road glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 09:43 AM
cpy
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHERE TO BUY ACCESSORIES for new 2011 road glide

just bought a new 2011 road glide for my first harley. who has the best deals on accessories like highway mounts with mini boards?

Old 07-25-2011, 10:14 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Congrats on the new ride.

get the parts and accessories book from your dealer, it'll give many hours of happy scheming.

look at other bikes at meets or in mags to determine what looks good to you.

ask other riders ( in person or here) about their experiences with parts/accessories

for harley parts many dealers over 20% or so discounts online, I like zanotti H-D, there are others.

Some guys buy alot of stuff from kuryakin- I don't, I think they make junk- your results may vary.

there are alot of parts traded on the classified boards here, I've gotten some dandy deals.

mike

Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Stash905
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on Zanotti's

Old 07-25-2011, 10:32 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want parts from the MoCo, there are a few dealers who discount their wares for internet orders. Zanotti in Butler, PA is one. Horny Toad in Temple, TX is another.

There are lots of others who sell parts and accessories for your sled. Check out other scooters at a bike night or pick up one of the many bagger magazines for ideas.

You may also want to check out roadglide.org

Old 07-25-2011, 11:05 AM
cpy
4th Gear

thanks guys. i will check out zanottis as its not too far. i will also check out the dealer i bought the bike at,i just didnt know if any other sites would save any money.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:13 AM
VTGlideRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if Zanotti's will give the same discount in the dealership if they are taking the stuff out of stock. You might want to give them a call before you go out there. I've bought from them, Surdyke, and Lakeshore HD, depending on who has the better deal on the particular item I want and the cheaper shipping. Surdyke I know only discounts online, not if you go and buy out of their dealership stock. I've also given my local dealership a chance to match the online price before I bought elsewhere and they have never wanted to do it....would rather lose the sale completely.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:31 PM
dnitram
Road Master

Originally Posted by mkguitar
Congrats on the new ride.

get the parts and accessories book from your dealer, it'll give many hours of happy scheming.

look at other bikes at meets or in mags to determine what looks good to you.

ask other riders ( in person or here) about their experiences with parts/accessories

for harley parts many dealers over 20% or so discounts online, I like zanotti H-D, there are others.

Some guys buy alot of stuff from kuryakin- I don't, I think they make junk- your results may vary.

there are alot of parts traded on the classified boards here, I've gotten some dandy deals.

mike
Mike got some great advice here. Got to agree!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:53 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

For aftermarket parts pm, call or e mail Dr V Twin they are a forum sponsor and are great guys to work with tell them you are a forum member.

For Power Commander stuff Jamie at Fuel Moto they are also sponsors and are top of the game for tuners etc.

For HD Moco parts go back to your dealer and tell them you want 15 0r 20% off parts for the next couple months to personalize your bike. Many dealers do this automatically to get the initial business. I just got my 2011 FLTRX July 3 and part of the deal was 20% off parts for the first year and 15% off labor (I do most of my own work but they threw that in) after that they have a discount card program where you get 20% credit for $250 spent in a card good for parts or service at their store

Enjoy the new bike and ride safe

Last edited by XARAN; 07-26-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:53 PM
V-RoyD
Advanced

My dealer gives me a 20% off everything, negotiated when the bike was purchased. I used to buy from Chicago H-D & Surdyke before that. Your dealer should have given you the H-D accessories catalog when you got the bike. If not go ask for one & tell them you want to buy from them if they'll give you 20 off.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:27 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You probably also want to check out the Drag Specialties Fatbook. You can browse it online. Your dealer probably has a hard copy.

http://www.dragspecialties.com/

Quick Reply: WHERE TO BUY ACCESSORIES for new 2011 road glide