Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HAS ANYONE TRIED SONY DSX-S200X or 300BTX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011 | 08:30 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 06 flstfise
The only thing I do not like is the shuffle mode. I have yet to figure it out. I just plays part of one until you hit it again to keep it on that song. Kinda PIA on the bike.
Maybe do what I did, I created a playlist called ALLSONGS, I cut/pasted all the songs onto it, then shuffled the playlist so it was in random order. I use this playlist a lot when riding. Every so often I go back into it in ITUNES and reshuffle it cause I never get to the end of it.

to the OP... I'm runnning a kenwood now but plan on switching to this radio both on my roadglide and in my 66 mustang when i do the interior. I put a sony unit in my old truck and love it, so I think this would be a great unit.

to anyone that has this radio installed... what did you have to do (if anything) to retain all the stock handlebar controls? If I am not mistaken this unit requires an adapter to keep steering wheel (i.e. handlebar) controls? I am already using the Biketronics adapter for my Kenwood. The Kenwood head unit has a wire/plug on the back for steering wheel controls that plugs directly into the Biketronics adapter to enable the handlebar controls.

Last edited by steveh326; 07-25-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-25-2011 | 09:26 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by steveh326
to anyone that has this radio installed... what did you have to do (if anything) to retain all the stock handlebar controls? If I am not mistaken this unit requires an adapter to keep steering wheel (i.e. handlebar) controls? I am already using the Biketronics adapter for my Kenwood. The Kenwood head unit has a wire/plug on the back for steering wheel controls that plugs directly into the Biketronics adapter to enable the handlebar controls.
I ordered the universal kit from biktronics in order to use the controls on my 09. You may be able to use what you have. Biketronics has great service. Go to the website and click on contact us. It takes you to a question form. I did this before I bought and got a responses the same day. Ask them if what you have will work

Old 07-25-2011 | 10:03 AM
harlowr
Advanced

I put the S-100 in last week. I used the flash drive to hold the songs. Songs were free by getting them off youtube, then using a free download site to change them to MP3. Was real slick and best yet songs were free.
Only down side to the S-100 is there is no presets for the radio.

Old 07-25-2011 | 10:05 AM
verko
Cruiser

I have on with the biketronics kit. Worked well until about a month ago when all the buttons but power and volume stopped working, I can still use the hand controls, just the faceplate died.

It does shuffle through the playlist, you just need to hold the "ZAP" button on the faceplate and it will shuffle whatever playlist you are on.

Old 07-26-2011 | 01:45 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
I saw these the the other day & thought they looked really nice if using an ipod. They have a tray built into the receiver with a direct connection for an ipod. I was wondering how well they worked for controlling the ipod with the biketronics adapter? The 200 is about $150 & the 300 is $200, the 300 has bluetooth, but one of the reviews said it wasn't much good for an iphone if you were using it for music & phone purposes since reception is drastically reduced with the iphone inside the receiver. It sounds great for an ipod though, you don't need a mount & cord, very clean!
Yes, I have the 200 model, and it rocks! I love the iPod tray, and you can tailor the sound to your liking with it's many user options. Has a plug in for bar mounted controls, and is well worth the $129 I paid on eBay last year. Works well with my ARC mini amp, and drives the 4 speakers I have very well.

Originally Posted by Biggzed
I'm about to mount a DSX-S100 with Biketronics adapter. I think it is last years version of the 200 you are asking about. Same deal with the tune tray for the iPod.

I'll post back my thoughts when I get it done. Just waiting on another set of speakers which should be here mid week.

Zach
Hey Zach! What's been going on man? Haven't heard from you in a while. PM me, cause we need to ride. Call me, and I'll come help with the install of the new Sony. Beers are on me, I still owe you

Last edited by JonnyD; 07-26-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-26-2011 | 12:43 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master

Originally Posted by harlowr
I put the S-100 in last week. I used the flash drive to hold the songs. Songs were free by getting them off youtube, then using a free download site to change them to MP3. Was real slick and best yet songs were free.
Only down side to the S-100 is there is no presets for the radio.
Thats not true, i have presets in place on my s-100. they are not the easiest to scroll through, but they are there nonetheless.

I use a flash drive and just let it play what it will.

What site did you use to convert them to MP3 format?

Last edited by HDRider2002; 07-26-2011 at 12:46 PM.