Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first ride with PCV from fuel moto

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:57 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 257 Posts
Default first ride with PCV from fuel moto

Just got back from a 44 mile test ride with the new Fuel Moto products installed.
I had Bassani Megaphone with a 09 stock head pipe. I got a SE air kit and 18 mm plugs for the pipes and a PCV mapped to my set up from Fuel Moto. The PCV is a tight fit but it's in.
She diffidently has more power, not a lot, but noticeable. Slip on's are a lot louder with out the cat, I'm not sure if that's a good thing. My bike seems to start up fine and every thing works well. Feels like the motor runs a bit smoother at highway speeds, and it's running a lot cooler, got to love that.
I'm having problems with a lot of decell popping and it seems to idle just a bit Rougher, other then that it runs great.
When I got home I re tightened the flange bolts and all the clamps to make sure it's not leaking.
I will call FM up Monday to see what I can do for the popping and the idle. from what I can tell I will need a lap top and I don't have one. My sister in-law said she might be able to help because she has one and I'm a complete idiot on a computer. I hope that what ever FM has me do to fix it up isn't to difficult.
Over all, I'm very happy with how my bike runs with the Fuel Moto PCV. Could be a hell of a lot worse.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:19 AM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Put 12's or 15's in the 0 throttle position the pop will go away.

Mark

Old 07-24-2011, 12:19 AM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Mark

Old 07-24-2011, 12:29 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP

Mark
Thanks for the advice but I have no idea what a 12 of 15 is or where to find it. A CD came with it and a Guide, the Guide said the CD goes in to the computer someplace. Remember I'm 100% computer incompetent, I have never put a CD in to a computer in my life. Only thing I can do on a computer is what I'm doing right now.
I just got back from a 87 mile ride and it runs great except for the popping, it all so dose it when I shift from 1st to 2nd.
I will have to wait until tomorrow and call FM up and set up a time so my sister in-law can help me out with this computer stuff....Thanks.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:54 PM
rrditch
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure but with the pcv you can do some tune with the unit without a lap top I am watting for mine and jackpot head pipes from what I have heard that fuel moto will get it right for you

Old 07-24-2011, 01:06 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by rrditch
Not sure but with the pcv you can do some tune with the unit without a lap top I am watting for mine and jackpot head pipes from what I have heard that fuel moto will get it right for you
I hope so. My understanding was I will need a lap top and some one that knows how to use it. I don't see any way to adjust that little box that goes under the seat. I didn't see any thing on it, that looks like a adjustment could be done with out a hook up to a computer.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't worry Jaimie will get you fixed up. The laptop from your sister will be the trick as you'll need to plug that cable you have into the PCV and into the laptop. THen the software CD you have will open up and you'll be able to either download another MAP that Jaimie gives you or you can adjust the settings. Jaimie will walk you through how to do this once you have the laptop in front of you.

Not difficult, just call Jaimie in the morning and try to have that laptop so you can plug into the PCV.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:31 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
I'm having problems with a lot of decell popping and it seems to idle just a bit Rougher, other then that it runs great. When I got home I re tightened the flange bolts and all the clamps to make sure it's not leaking. I will call FM up Monday to see what I can do for the popping and the idle. from what I can tell I will need a lap top and I don't have one. My sister in-law said she might be able to help because she has one and I'm a complete idiot on a computer.
Even if FM sends you an altered map you'll still need a computer to install it, so you might as well acquaint yourself by installing the PCV software on your sister's laptop, then read the manual. It wouldn't hurt to have a computer-savvy friend over for a beer or two to help, but once done you'll be amazed how easy it is. They'll likely have you add fuel to the 0% column of the fuel tables, which is easy. Keith will walk you through it, but it would be best to have it ready when you call. You'll need a USB cable, too, which IIRC is in your PCV kit.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:38 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Thanks for all the advice.
My big problem with this is time. My sister inlaw cant get home till just after 5PM mi time that is 4PM FM time and they close at 5PM. We won't have much time left after we get my bike hooked up to the computer. I will call them tomorrow for advanced advice before I have time to drive my bike over to her home to do this.
God, I feel sorry for FM after they get stuck putting up with me. My Brothers Wife is good on a computer but not great, I hope this will work out...Thanks.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:00 PM
riff1006
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It won't take 5 minutes once you get hold of some one. Just install the software first and hook the cable from the PCV to the laptop before you make the call. It's very simple.

Quick Reply: first ride with PCV from fuel moto