Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first ride with PCV from fuel moto

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

It's surprisingly easy, I just did it this morning for the first time and it was VERY simple. Just insert the CD, install the softward for the PCV... Then open the program by clicking on it... Hook the USB cable up to the computer and to the PCV. Then call Jaimie and he'll have you fixed up in just a few minutes.

You may want to call Jaimie and let him know you'll be calling him late in the day so he's ready for your call. You'll save time in not having to explain your situation cuz he'll already know about it if you brief him earlier in the day.

This is why I'd never think of getting a PCV from anyone else, their customer service is just outstanding.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by riff1006
It won't take 5 minutes once you get hold of some one. Just install the software first and hook the cable from the PCV to the laptop before you make the call. It's very simple.
LOL!

Great minds think alike... We must have been typing this advice at the same time!

Old 07-24-2011, 08:34 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 257 Posts

Thanks to all.
I will call FM tomorrow and see if I can set this up for Tuesday 5 PM Mi time. I will up-date after I call them.
Other then the popping and the idle might be off a little bit, my King runs great and I'm very happy with how the Fuel Moto PCV performs.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:53 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Up-date
I called FM up today and I talked to Keith. We are going to give it a shot today about 5 PM Mi time. My sister in-law and I will hook up her computer to my PCV on my bike, and then put the CD in to the computer. I will need to drive my bike there so it will be at running temps.
Just like you guys have told me, Keith said after we get it hooked up and down load the CD to call and they will tell us what to do from there. Man I hope this works out. I got to admit I'm a little bit nerves about this.
Keith seems like a cool guy to work with from what I could tell over the phone. Well I got to get going now to get my bike around...wish me luck.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:40 PM
ZZZCICI
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
Up-date
I called FM up today and I talked to Keith. We are going to give it a shot today about 5 PM Mi time. My sister in-law and I will hook up her computer to my PCV on my bike, and then put the CD in to the computer. I will need to drive my bike there so it will be at running temps.
Just like you guys have told me, Keith said after we get it hooked up and down load the CD to call and they will tell us what to do from there. Man I hope this works out. I got to admit I'm a little bit nerves about this.
Keith seems like a cool guy to work with from what I could tell over the phone. Well I got to get going now to get my bike around...wish me luck.
OK then GOOD LUCK, but luck has little to do with this. I was apprehensive at first but it is practically fool proof.
You will be amazed at all the minute changes that you can controll when you see the tables. You don't have to worry about screwing it up so bad it will not run because the initial map will be saved so you can always revert back to what you have now.
Compared to the old breaker points , and adjusting timming by guess work , this technology is the cats meow.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:46 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by ZZZCICI
OK then GOOD LUCK, but luck has little to do with this. I was apprehensive at first but it is practically fool proof.
You will be amazed at all the minute changes that you can controll when you see the tables. You don't have to worry about screwing it up so bad it will not run because the initial map will be saved so you can always revert back to what you have now.
Compared to the old breaker points , and adjusting timming by guess work , this technology is the cats meow.
Man I wish I felt like you, I don't like all this technology stuff.

Well it went OK, but not great like I was hoping for. We had trouble getting the CD to down load, that took some time but she got it eventually. I then called Keith but I couldn't get through. After trying over and over I got him.
Let me say he was very nice and he didn't try to rush us at all, I was very happy with the way he try's to help.
Here is the problem, me. Only took Keith about 3 minute's and I was totally confused, so I gave the phone to her.
Just like some of you said he had her change some 0's to 15's and then he had me start the bike and look for this big 0 in the upper right side, he said that was good, I have no idea what that was about. I could see the idle RPM and that was jumping all over the place, I couldn't even read that, but it did stay under 2000, he didn't ask about that so I didn't say any thing. By this time it was getting late, he said to go drive it around the mile and if I still have trouble that maybe my sister in-law could help me out if not he said to call him back. By the time I drove around the mile it was 6 Pm to late to call them back.
I thanked her and she went home and I went out and put about 40 more miles on my King. Drove in to St Johns and on the freeway and side roads, Still not fixed but it is better. I can live with it the way it is, but I'm not completely happy with it.
On my last Harley I spent over $800 for a SEST and dyno time but that bike ran real strong. This time I only spent $ 300 for the PCV, I think this is probably a case of you get what you pay for. Maybe later on I will see if she can change the 15's to 20 and see if that helps. We think he said to raise it in 5's.
A big THANK YOU to Keith at Fuel Moto for his assistance. I will call him tomorrow and thank him for his help.
Thanks to all of you for your advice.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:28 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,168 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
Man I wish I felt like you, I don't like all this technology stuff.

Well it went OK, but not great like I was hoping for. We had trouble getting the CD to down load, that took some time but she got it eventually. I then called Keith but I couldn't get through. After trying over and over I got him.
Let me say he was very nice and he didn't try to rush us at all, I was very happy with the way he try's to help.
Here is the problem, me. Only took Keith about 3 minute's and I was totally confused, so I gave the phone to her.
Just like some of you said he had her change some 0's to 15's and then he had me start the bike and look for this big 0 in the upper right side, he said that was good, I have no idea what that was about. I could see the idle RPM and that was jumping all over the place, I couldn't even read that, but it did stay under 2000, he didn't ask about that so I didn't say any thing. By this time it was getting late, he said to go drive it around the mile and if I still have trouble that maybe my sister in-law could help me out if not he said to call him back. By the time I drove around the mile it was 6 Pm to late to call them back.
I thanked her and she went home and I went out and put about 40 more miles on my King. Drove in to St Johns and on the freeway and side roads, Still not fixed but it is better. I can live with it the way it is, but I'm not completely happy with it.
On my last Harley I spent over $800 for a SEST and dyno time but that bike ran real strong. This time I only spent $ 300 for the PCV, I think this is probably a case of you get what you pay for. Maybe later on I will see if she can change the 15's to 20 and see if that helps. We think he said to raise it in 5's.
A big THANK YOU to Keith at Fuel Moto for his assistance. I will call him tomorrow and thank him for his help.
Thanks to all of you for your advice.
Thank you for the update, on a muffler like your Bassani's with a bigger straight thru baffle I would recommend going to 20's from 1750-5000 RPM in the zero column of each fuel table and if needed you may need to go up as high as 50's as the duty cycle of the injector is very small under decel. If you need any assistance just let us know and we are here to help

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can do what I did before I had a lap top, take the computer out to the garage and set it up plug in the usb cable and do it from your desktop computer. This way you can do it at your free time not your sisters.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:27 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Thank you for the update, on a muffler like your Bassani's with a bigger straight thru baffle I would recommend going to 20's from 1750-5000 RPM in the zero column of each fuel table and if needed you may need to go up as high as 50's as the duty cycle of the injector is very small under decel. If you need any assistance just let us know and we are here to help
Thanks.
Today I feel better about my PCV. I called Keith up to thank him for his help. He said I may need to go up to 20 or 25 and if I need help just call him, pretty cool guy.
I told him I was concerned about all that gas going in to my pipes every time I let off the throttle. In my mind I was thinking that I would be wasting a lot of gas, Keith said that's not what we mean by 15%. He said that 15 is just a small minuet amount of gas more like 15% of 1%, that made me feel a lot better.
Funny thing is I can do all my bikes maintenance, take the gas tank off, front end off, take all the wheels off but when it comes to computers and technology, I'm lost.
Thank you to Jamie, Brain, and Keith at Fuel Moto

Old 07-26-2011, 04:58 PM
ZZZCICI
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like many, many of us , we never had computers as a youth didn't have any training at all.
We learn it on the fly.
After you get it all sorted out you will ask your self, " what was I afraid of , this is too easy."
It seems harder than chineese rithmatick at first but after a while it is easy.