Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD's Heated Gloves with Microwire™® heating technology - any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011 | 02:02 PM
alkrisma
|
Road Captain
Old 07-21-2011 | 03:07 PM
motordad
Cruiser

They are made by Gerbings which is a outstanding company for heated gear. I have gerbings gloves that I use with a Gerbings jacket. Works great.

Old 07-21-2011 | 03:50 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member

Get the Gerbing branded ones. Thjey are identical other than the HD logo. An HD logo isn't worth the extra $$ to me..

Old 07-21-2011 | 04:03 PM
Xzotik
Advanced

I've had mine for a few years... work great for me!!

Old 07-21-2011 | 04:04 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member

A friend of mine got them last fall and she loves 'em. She has forgotten to disconnect them once or twice before dismounting, but no harm done.

Old 07-21-2011 | 04:33 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member

Can't say anything bad for Gerbings or HDs both are very good and identical priced.Gerbings have more options then HD ones.

Old 07-21-2011 | 04:50 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member

As everyone else has said; Gerbings makes the HD and I think the Gerbings is a bit nicer. I was able to pick mine up for a great price last year along with a heated liner atwww.grandprixmotorsports.com. If you check their site/sign up for their emails they have sales on this stuff

Old 07-21-2011 | 04:54 PM
Ultra Rider 07
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Trailfndr
Get the Gerbing branded ones. Thjey are identical other than the HD logo. An HD logo isn't worth the extra $$ to me..
+1 on the Gerbing, it is the same product as the HD. I used mine last winter on a couple rides they work great and make for a comfortable ride on a cold day. If you are looking into the jacket liner I would recommend the dual thermostat.

Old 07-21-2011 | 05:10 PM
Copyless
Supporter

Like everyone has stated, they are made by Gerbing, and they work very good. I don't know of anything extra that Gerbing offers that the HD branded ones don't offer, they both come with the exact same warranty, and last I checked the same options.

I would do some checking on both brands if I were you, because when I bought my last pair a few months back, I found the HD ones for less than I could find the Gerbing's for anywhere. For the jacket liner, (I have the jacket liner, not the vest liner) I found the HD branded one for about 75 dollars less than the Gerbing one.

Old 07-21-2011 | 05:17 PM
strtarrow
Banned

Don't know where you live but if you want to extend your riding season Gerbings is the way to go. The downside of buying the HD brand is (from what I understand) if something goes wrong you have to take them back to the dealer you bought them from. I could be wrong there. I bought my gloves and foot liners, both HD from the dealer. Also bought my jacket liner from a dealer but they are Gerbings and should I have a problem I can get it taken care of either from the dealer or Gerbings. In short, you can't go wrong with the gear. I love it and sorry it took me so long to get the gear. The pants on the other hand are another story and nearly 300 bones but that may well be coming this winter.

Quick Reply: HD's Heated Gloves with Microwire™® heating technology - any good?