Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rinehart 4" Slip Ons

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:53 PM
banks727
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rinehart 4" Slip Ons

I just had my new Rinehart 4"slip ons installed. Had the chance to take the bike out for an hour or so. My opinions thus far:

I love the looks of these pipes on my vivid black 09 FLHX. The 4" look great from the wider rear end of the 09.

Sound... Love the nice deep bass sound at idle and lower rpm. I replaced the V&H Monster Ovals. They're a little bit louder than the M.O.'s. When you get on it the sound is pretty good. Louder than M.O.'s for sure.

I'm going to try to attach a link to the Youtube posting I made of these

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZQnrfFKTy4 Hope this works.

Over all, great looking with a great bass sound. I found them for $521 delivered on Ebay.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the sound will change as the pipes are broken in?

Old 07-18-2011, 02:09 PM
MrHog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by banks727
I just had my new Rinehart 4"slip ons installed. Had the chance to take the bike out for an hour or so. My opinions thus far:

I love the looks of these pipes on my vivid black 09 FLHX. The 4" look great from the wider rear end of the 09.

Sound... Love the nice deep bass sound at idle and lower rpm. I replaced the V&H Monster Ovals. They're a little bit louder than the M.O.'s. When you get on it the sound is pretty good. Louder than M.O.'s for sure.

I'm going to try to attach a link to the Youtube posting I made of these

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZQnrfFKTy4 Hope this works.

Over all, great looking with a great bass sound. I found them for $521 delivered on Ebay.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the sound will change as the pipes are broken in?
I paid the same price last Summer for a pair I tried. Like you said, nice looking pipe and sound. Best part is performance. They really hit the rpm spectrum with the back pressure they produce. I switched out the baffles to the 2 1/4" performance and noticed a small change in the exhaust note. They say the sound will change over time, but not sure how much. The baffles are all steel, so only thing is the holes in the baffle smoothing out a bit from the heat.

Last edited by MrHog; 07-18-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:34 PM
VinnyM
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MrHog
I paid the same price last Summer for a pair I tried. Like you said, nice looking pipe and sound. Best part is performance. They really hit the rpm spectrum with the back pressure they produce. I switched out the baffles to the 2 1/4" performance and noticed a small change in the exhast note. They say the sound will change over time, but not sure how much. The baffles are all steel, so only thing is the holes in the baffle smoothing out a bit from the heat.
I know it's hard to describe but do you think the larger baffles that you put on are deeper in sound and are they much louder? I have a pair and am thinking of trying them but the only thing stopping me is that the bike sounds and runs great as it is.......kinda hate to mess with it.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:51 PM
MrHog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mohawkpan
I know it's hard to describe but do you think the larger baffles that you put on are deeper in sound and are they much louder? I have a pair and am thinking of trying them but the only thing stopping me is that the bike sounds and runs great as it is.......kinda hate to mess with it.
I couldn't tell much of a difference. I think a member on here did a side by side comaparison and noticed a couple more decibels in sound. Some tuners say that the 2' baffle in any pipe is where you want to be for perfomance wise. Anything bigger and you start losing back pressure. If it is running good, leave 'em in! Or for the price of the baffles, you could try them out and re-sell them if you're not happy.

By the way, I still have a set of the 2" baffles that came with my 4" Rineharts if anyone sold theirs and needs a set.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:48 PM
VinnyM
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks...........I think I will just ride it as is.