Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess we really are Bad Azz

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:05 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts
Default I guess we really are Bad Azz

I give credit to the Black Street Glide. That is just one bad looking motorcycle.

I'm speeding down an on-ramp that merges into another on-ramp before it merges on the highway. I accerated to a speed that would put me between two cars with about six car spaces between each of us. What I didn't see was my on-ramp had a little curve at the end which forced me to slow down just a tad. No big deal because I still had plenty of space, but it put me about 4 car lengths a head of the car behind me.

Well he didn't like that at all and once we got on the highway, he accerated into the lane left of me once highway yelling and making all kinds of gesters with his hand and arm while his wife in the passenger seat just looked strait a head. When the traffic open up enough, I pulled behind him because he was in the fastest lane. Man he gunned his car and left me in the dust. I couldn't keep up and quit trying at 70 mph, but I watched him cross three lanes of traffic to jumped off the next exit.

That is my first experience of the bad azz biker image I guess we carry. I don't even have a tatoo or long beard. In fact I was wearing a full face helmet and still have the image. I wasn't trying to go after him when I changed lanes, I only wanted to get in the faster lane. I was a little miffed at his rant, but I also felt I kind of reposnsible and let it go at that.

Still, that was fun.

Beary

Old 07-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 414 Posts

Nice story, but messing with a moving cage is temptin' fate. You're lucky the driver didn't jam his brakes.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:38 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Ha... I have a tat and it says "MOM" and one that says "I may look like a frog but i'm hung like a horse" i also have a beard... Guess that makes me a somewhat Bad A$$!!
Its a good thing the guy had his wife with him or he might of really taken out his frustrations out on you!! Glad it turned out ok.
You guys from Oklahoma really live life on the edge!!! LOL...
Take it EZ Beary...Lifes to short to be in a hurry..
(Just kidding about the tats...I'm scared to death of needles!!!)

Old 07-18-2011, 01:14 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

In all honesty, at no point was there a dangerous situation. I think I just surprised the guy and he reacted before thought about it. Its part of the highway because the two on-ramps each have a about a quarter mile run to get up to speed. The situation reqjires drivers to gauge their speed so that they fit into traffic. I just got a little closer than either of us expected, but it was easily 4 car lengths.

It certainly could have been worse if he decided to change lanes on me, but I guess he held his cool or at least realized what he was doing was a lot more dangerous than what I did.

My son noted the other day that it seems like the heat is making people do stupid things.

Live to learn.

Beary

Old 07-18-2011, 01:19 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Yep. The heat will definitely get to you. Be careful out there. There's a lot of pi$$ed off people ready to take it out on us.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 07-18-2011, 01:33 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

In many cities driving 90 MPH and shooting across 3 lanes of traffic for a off-ramp is pretty common. I see it just about every time I'm near one, which isn't very often.
But hey, if it makes you feel good thinking that you are a Bad *** .......

Old 07-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Maybe he was trying to get off the highway so fast, because you made him crap his pants!