Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not Sure I Like My RineHart True Duals After All

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 12:02 PM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior
Received 108 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bonz
Holy chit how does any air flow through that!!!!!!
Actually much better than you would imagine. Allot of R&D went into that cat pipe. It is a very good performing pipe.

My opinion on the matter ain't ****, but I have a good buddy that has wrenched on Harleys full time for the last 30 years, and he says the stock pipe is a damn good performer. Dozens of dyno runs have proved him right. He has been in tech sessions with HD engineers and was blown away by the amount of developement the pipe received before being put into production.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:13 PM
hdelectra
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might be a good performing pipe, but with the cat in it, it's going to heat up more than a pipe without a cat. There in lies the problem.

I'm sure there's aftermarket pipes that perform just "as well" as the stock catted pipe if not better.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:04 PM
MrHog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bonz
Holy chit how does any air flow through that!!!!!!

It doesn't, much! That is why the exhaust tone is so muffled because it is "filtered".

Old 07-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Few weeks ago, I traded my Classic for a new 103 Ltd Ultra. Just had my 1000 mile service & it's still runnin' really hot. I think I might even like the sound of the Rush slip-ons with the 2.5 baffle even better than these Rineharts. What else can I do to cool these babies off a little? I have a Harley Race Tuner & that's about it. My Classic was a little warm, but nothin' like this. I heard some Rinehart True Duals going down the road & thought I liked them, so guess I'll have to have my buddy do a drive-by so I can hear them from the back of the bike.
I have had my 103 since 2007,have installed a tuner, slip on,s because no cat in the pipe did not change,a high flow A/C,and a crotch cooler that we make..Heat is no longer a problem..Here is a link about what people have to say about us and our products..Thank you https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...tain-itch.html

Old 07-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Divebuck
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I second on the Crotch Colers

I have a 02 Ultra that i ride to work every day wearing shorts. It was unbearable till I installed the Crotch Coolers from Capt Itch they are the best and great people to deal with