Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Pro Tuner with Slip-ons worth it???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 11:58 AM
weekst11
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE Pro Tuner with Slip-ons worth it???

I have a Slip on Vance and Hines Pro Pipe and am going to install a SE Heavy Breather and SE Super Tuner on my 2010 Street Glide no Dyno just having them map it since I did not change the heads.
Have any of you had this set-up and how was your results??? Was it worth it?

Old 07-17-2011, 02:05 PM
old.gezr
Road Captain

If you are going to have them put the normal Harley Stage 1 MAP in, you do not need the Super Tuner. Ride safe.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:16 PM
reese
Cruiser
Default Check pricing on Dyno tune

My dealer charges a minimum of 4 hrs to Dyno a SE tuner ( $390.00 ) and 2 hrs ( $ 188.00 ) to Dyno Power Commander tuner. If you have plans for several future mods, the SE unit will cost you... I know, I just went through that and bought a PC-V so I will not get a $ 390 hit again when I make the next upgrade. Also yes as stated above, just s download is all you need if that is all you are going to do to it.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Sallyman
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also recommend a PCV - you may want to add cams or big bore kit down the road and with a power commander you can remap yourself. Call fuelmoto tomorrow - best $299 you'll spend on your ride!

Old 07-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Green Hornet
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

waste of money, save up and get a full exhaust system.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:01 PM
hamnhog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by weekst11
I have a Slip on Vance and Hines Pro Pipe and am going to install a SE Heavy Breather and SE Super Tuner on my 2010 Street Glide no Dyno just having them map it since I did not change the heads.
Have any of you had this set-up and how was your results??? Was it worth it?
I put V&H Monster Ovals and the Pro Super Tuner on Friday. Dealer installed the suggested base map. So far, I have to say I'm disappointed with the result. MO's are too loud and the bike has no more power. If anything, it has a little less cruising power. I hope the Smart Tune software will correct the power issue. The pipes are another issue. Good luck.

UPDATE - rode the bike to work today, over familiar roads and traffic and realized that it does have more power running up through the gears. A little more off the line but much more noticeable in 2nd through 4th gear. That's really what it was after so I guess I'm not so disappointed after all.

Last edited by hamnhog; 07-18-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Update earlier statement
Old 07-17-2011, 07:47 PM
tgshoe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sallyman
I also recommend a PCV - you may want to add cams or big bore kit down the road and with a power commander you can remap yourself. Call fuelmoto tomorrow - best $299 you'll spend on your ride!
With the SEPST you can remap yourself as well. Plus there is no addtitonal "parts" on the bike. You can adjust a lot more settings with the SEPST. I guess it depends on the level of your ability.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:56 PM
bigdady
Tourer

get a TTS MasterTune and be done with it

Old 07-18-2011, 12:18 PM
weekst11
3rd Gear

OK...I ran into a guy yesterday with the same slip on Pro-Pipe and he did a Vance and Hines Drak air filter with the fuelpak (he has same year and model bike as I ) and he said he got amazing results and can retune it anytime since he has the software. From the sound of his bike and what he was saying I might go that route and save about 800 bucks!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:24 PM
PWFD
Road Master

I have the SE Heavy Breather, Vance & Hines HO Slip-on the Stock header (with cat) and the HD Stage 1 Download on my 2010 StreetGlide and it runs and sounds great!.

T

Quick Reply: SE Pro Tuner with Slip-ons worth it???