Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang saddles

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006 | 12:39 AM
twinfreeze
|
Cruiser
Default mustang saddles

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Anyone out there using a mustang ultra touring saddle. If so, what are your thoughts on the seat. I'm 6-2, 200lbs.
Is it good enought for all day riding? Does the seat throw you forward? what does your rider think?

Thanks, and ride safe

Twinfreeze

Old 11-09-2006 | 01:27 AM
BigGeorge
Road Captain
Default RE: mustang saddles

There was a thread a while back about the mustang touring seat moving you both up and forward about an inch. I'm 6'2" 230 lbs and if anything I want to move down and back not up and forward......................BG

Old 11-09-2006 | 10:25 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member

I'm not sure if mine moved me forward but it did move me up a little. I'm 6 ft., 215 lbs. Actually it got better for me, it put my eyes where I wanted them to be in relation to the top of the windshield. It feels different at first, because it is, but after a while it feels natural.

Longest I've spent in the saddle in one day was 528 miles from Charlotte, NC to York, PA back in August. My butt was tired but no more than it would have been from riding in my truck. The only thing I have to compare the Mustang to is the stock seat and it's a big improvement.

My wife only had two comments about the seat. 1- "You paid how much for that?". 2- "I don't care what you paid, it's worth it".

Old 11-09-2006 | 11:38 AM
Dannl
Cruiser

The Mustange ultra touring seat should be good one for you. I had one on my Ultra classic and it seemed to move me back just a little and up about 1 1/2" It wasn't right for my stubby leggs but I think it is the correct seat for you. The seat seams to be a little firm at first, but after a long day's ride it does not let you down. Get er done

Old 11-09-2006 | 12:02 PM
SMenasco
Road Master

I'm 6'2", 270. I bought a Mustang touring seat with a backrest for an '05 Heritage and it was not comfortable at all! I could stay on it about an hour or so when I started wanting to get off for a while. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not convinced there's any seat out there that would let me go all day without some discomfort. The closest thing I have found is a gel memory foam pad from www.airrider.com. I put it on top of my new Mustang seat and it made a world of difference. Moves you up higher about 1" and is the most comfortable thing I have found so far and much cheaper than a new seat. I moved it with me to the '07 Ultra. If I didn't have to make a pit stop, I can stay on it without discomfort for at least 4 hours. A lot of people swear by the Mustang. It just didn't work for me.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/C8EE7B5FDB6C4C6586C527E5DE31A76D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-09-2006 | 12:09 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

I have used this one on my last three touring bikes (EGC & 2x RG): " Mustang: Plain Solo with Driver Backrest and 14" Wide Plain Recessed Passenger Seat".

http://www.mustangseats.com/hdcontst.htm

With is, you sit much lower and back further. It's VERY comfortable. I've done 3 IronButt rides with it and we do plenty of long rides ~ 500+ miles days, no problem!

Old 11-09-2006 | 06:54 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member

The Mustang 2-piece seats are usually better for taller riders than the one-piece. The big difference between the 'stangs vs. stock is the foam used. The stock feels softer when you first get on, as more air is displaced over time, the harder subbase begins to come through. The shape of the pan has as much to do as the density of the foam.

Old 11-09-2006 | 07:26 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior

Thanks PhilM. I purchased the same seats this week and expect them in the mail Sunday. Finally a good seat for my FLHRI! (You know, those low-tech MM fuelies).

Old 11-09-2006 | 07:58 PM
hangnman
Tourer

I have the solo for short rides of 200 or less miles and it is very comfortable...and the vintage wide for touring..rides up to 500 miles a day...will never ride with anthing other than a MUSTANG!!

Old 11-09-2006 | 08:05 PM
Fatboy2
Tourer

I have the Mustang on the electraglide and it makes a world of difference. I rode out to Tucson from Illinois about a month and a half ago. On the ride back I left Amarillo and it felt good enough I rode straight home that day, which is just about 3 miles shy of a 900 mile day. I would highly recommend the Mustang. I had one on the fatboy also. The wife loved it as well.

Quick Reply: mustang saddles