Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike, when can u go synthetic

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,129 Likes on 3,661 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
I could be overly **** about it, but it was the first new bike that I had ever had and I wanted to do things right, or what I thought was right anyway.

I broke it in using their method too by going up to 60 in 3rd gear, and then letting it coast or brake back down on it's own to 30 mph and then back up to 60 mph ten times in a row too. Bike hauls *** too w/just a stage 1.

I figure that this will more than likely be the last bike that I have considering I'm closer to age 60 than 50, so it's got to last.
So that's what's wrong...OLD SKOOL...Hey there is some **** i am **** about, but this to me is just another machine... I maintain it pretty well but ride the crap out of it and when it fails it fails... stuff happens... I sat down with The Service MGR. at the dealer one time and he said... you know we see break downs of all kinds... From little old lady type riders that baby their bikes and the damn thing breaks down and then we have the guys like you that just rides the pure crap out of it and the guy in between...He says that he can't really tell which one is worst... Spoke to A guy yesterday had a 03 Ultra Classic with 11000 miles on it...1200 miles a year... sumbitch leaks like a sieve he says and burns oil and needed a bearing and this and that .. He says he gets it serviced twice a year and not sure why it has all those issues... I am thinking... Ride Phu&^ng thing and it may fix the problems...I have had some issues on mine but it got fixed... None of it was i think oil related...

This is not my last bike.. i am 46 and will probably keep it another 5-6 years then maybe trike it for the wife...Well me too cuz my knees are shot.

Enjoy your bike man...do whatever you feel is right to it cuz it's yours. Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it...