Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

detachable touring pack,adapter for speaker wires

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 10:33 PM
harleyrunner09
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default detachable touring pack,adapter for speaker wires

hey i just put a detachable touring pack on my ultra.they made a extension for the brake lights so they can be detach out side the touring pack.but as of right now i have to pull out my speaker wires out from behind the speaker and un plug them.every time i do that the little round ring pops out .i want to try and find out do they make a wire to plug into the speak wire and then extends for a bit an plugs into wire under the seat seat so i dont have to pull the wire out all the time from behind the speaker.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 24 Posts

When I put the aftermarket speakers in the rear pods I wanted ot be able to take the Pak off as well. i used a 4-wire plug for a trailer, like 6 bucks at Wally World.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Somewhere on this forum there is a list of parts necessary to make your own connectors for everything. I made mine, along with the antennas. Now that it is easy to remove, I seldom take it off the bike.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:53 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

well it takes me about a minute to pull the wires out of the speakers to disconnect. I can not imagine it could be any easier.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:01 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 825 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyrunner09
hey i just put a detachable touring pack on my ultra.they made a extension for the brake lights so they can be detach out side the touring pack.but as of right now i have to pull out my speaker wires out from behind the speaker and un plug them.every time i do that the little round ring pops out .i want to try and find out do they make a wire to plug into the speak wire and then extends for a bit an plugs into wire under the seat seat so i dont have to pull the wire out all the time from behind the speaker.
Harleyrunner,

My sled, CVO Road Glide. Which didn't come w/ a tour pak. I have added a tourpak, speakers, and side-marker leds. I usually only use it when the wife rides, or long trips. Most of the time I have the solo seat on.
Anyway, I had my wrench customized a 18 pin connecting plug and locate it on the left side of the seat. (fuse box side)
I didn't want all the excess speaker wires hanging or having to disconnect 3 different plugs and running a chance of breaking the plugs.
Also by using a 18 pin plug, I still have 2 more pins spots for adding a tour pak rack led light or led tourpak run-brake lights.
Super clean set, the plug is out of the way, and one connection and the tour pak is on and off in seconds.
Help this helps you out and good luck.

Ride Safe.

YB

Old 07-17-2011, 06:47 AM
JC Turbo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the link you guys are looking for. All the connectors are listed here.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...etachable.html

Old 07-17-2011, 06:52 AM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
well it takes me about a minute to pull the wires out of the speakers to disconnect. I can not imagine it could be any easier.
It's easy to pull the wires out and disconnect. But, once you do this like I have many, many times (I go solo to 2-up a lot), that little round ring gets pretty loose where it goes into the speaker box, and gets to be more of a headache.

Sounds like the OP would benefit from doing some splice work under the seat and disconnecting there when taking the TP off.