Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not happy with Shockproof in Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 06:18 AM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cruise_carter
+1, sounds like primary issues
Agree. I run Amsoil Severe Gear 75/90 in my trans. AWESOME! HD uses gear oil in trannys, so do I! As for clunky shift, that work is done in ur primary. I use Amsoil 20/50 in my primary and engine. All I can say is I'll never go back! Amsoil all the way, what a difference!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:47 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryLives
Agree. I run Amsoil Severe Gear 75/90 in my trans. AWESOME! HD uses gear oil in trannys, so do I! As for clunky shift, that work is done in ur primary. I use Amsoil 20/50 in my primary and engine. All I can say is I'll never go back! Amsoil all the way, what a difference!
HD uses gear oil in the trans????? What would that product number be????.....Trans gear oil should be put in there but what does your owners manual tell you to put in there.....I'll use the Shock Proof thank you....

Old 07-16-2011, 06:49 AM
SkipCarey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wondering why the hell someone would change out a manual transmissions oil so often do you change it out that often in a cars tranny?Me thinks the MOCO(the MOCOs agenda is obvious$$$$$$$$) and a lot of RUBS obsess over maintaining their toys..........remember there is NO COMBUSTION goin on in a tranny so no real need to change it that often.

Last edited by SkipCarey; 07-16-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:54 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SkipCarey
I wondering why the hell someone would change out a manual transmissions oil so often do you change it out that often in a cars tranny?Me thinks the MOCO and a lot of RUBS obsess over maintaining their toys..........remember there is NO COMBUSTION goin on in a tranny so no real need to change it that often.
I agree with that.....Most people never change the fluid in their cars transmissions or gear boxes and drive them for tens of thousands of miles with no issues.....

Old 07-16-2011, 06:58 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,538 Likes on 22,682 Posts

Spectro 6 speed HD Platnium 75/140.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:02 AM
SkipCarey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Just Traded an 07 softail in on a 11 SG and I NEVER changed the oil in that tranny(30,000mi) and NEVER had an issue with it, Some things are best left alone IMHO

Old 07-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,144 Likes on 3,668 Posts

I switched back to Formula+ the last time i had a primary problem at 42000 and i like it better... i still use Syn 85w140 in the tranny from Walmart.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,144 Likes on 3,668 Posts

I wondering why the hell someone would change out a manual transmissions oil so often do you change it out that often in a cars tranny?Me thinks the MOCO(the MOCOs agenda is obvious$$$$$$$$) and a lot of RUBS obsess over maintaining their toys..........remember there is NO COMBUSTION goin on in a tranny so no real need to change it that often.
+1 on that... i have chaged it at 10000 but left it in for 20000 also and no issues yet...We tend to drink the MOCO Koolaid a bit ...

Old 07-16-2011, 07:08 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You got me, I have to ask. What does RUBS mean? I'm guessing some kind of yuppie wannabe with a motorcycle status symbol.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:12 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

...ding..ding..ding!..we have a winner...I have never seen so many folks waste so much money and good oil as Harley owners..I know guys that change tranny and primary fluid with every oil change, and they're doin it every 3000 miles! Tranny fluid is good for 10,000 miles...and anyone running Syn oil in engine should be going 7500 miles before changes..hey you want to feel better by dumpin it out at 3K?...be my guest...to each his own...it's your money and a free country..

Quick Reply: Not happy with Shockproof in Tranny