Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:29 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Fuel Moto Issues

I know many of you love Fuel Moto, and since they are from Wisconsin, I wanted to as well. After my experience with them, it just isn't gonna happen, and I thought I should let the forum know my opinions.

I bought a Power Commander V from them last summer. I gave them the specific configuration I had: SE air cleaner and SE touring mufflers and they said they had a map for me. I trusted them and ordered the unit. After installation the bike idled like crap and I let them know via email. They wanted me to hook up a laptop and call them so they could walk me through fine tuning. Problem is, I didn't have a laptop at that time. I lived with the problem but it has gotten worse this summer. The muffler tips are ash grey and are actually lighter than they were with the Harley download. Instead of calling them I decided to contact Power Commander instead. They told me they don't even have a map for my configuration! They also recommended an auto tuner, which is fine but it's another $200+. Tonight I decided I would download the CD Fuel Moto sent me on my newly aquired laptop. I figured I could at least start playing with the adjustments and maybe make it better. Big problem though...they sent me the wrong CD and the wrong written instructions. Seriously...what kind of company provides this type of customer service? Many folks on this site like to hammer the MOCO - myself included - but their download was heads and shoulders above the unit Fuel Moto sent me. For me, I will stick with the engineers at Harley even if they let us down from time to time. The fact that Power Commander doesn't have a map for such a common configuration and the fact that Fuel Moto totally let me down tells me all I need to know about both companies.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Steelknee57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YHGTBFKM.

You're bashing F.M. and you didn't even give them a chance to correct the problem?

What is a politically correct way to tell someone that they're an idiot?

Old 07-15-2011, 06:52 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by solorider
I know many of you love Fuel Moto, and since they are from Wisconsin, I wanted to as well. After my experience with them, it just isn't gonna happen, and I thought I should let the forum know my opinions.

I bought a Power Commander V from them last summer. I gave them the specific configuration I had: SE air cleaner and SE touring mufflers and they said they had a map for me. I trusted them and ordered the unit. After installation the bike idled like crap and I let them know via email. They wanted me to hook up a laptop and call them so they could walk me through fine tuning. Problem is, I didn't have a laptop at that time. I lived with the problem but it has gotten worse this summer. The muffler tips are ash grey and are actually lighter than they were with the Harley download. Instead of calling them I decided to contact Power Commander instead. They told me they don't even have a map for my configuration! They also recommended an auto tuner, which is fine but it's another $200+. Tonight I decided I would download the CD Fuel Moto sent me on my newly aquired laptop. I figured I could at least start playing with the adjustments and maybe make it better. Big problem though...they sent me the wrong CD and the wrong written instructions. Seriously...what kind of company provides this type of customer service? Many folks on this site like to hammer the MOCO - myself included - but their download was heads and shoulders above the unit Fuel Moto sent me. For me, I will stick with the engineers at Harley even if they let us down from time to time. The fact that Power Commander doesn't have a map for such a common configuration and the fact that Fuel Moto totally let me down tells me all I need to know about both companies.
Not sure what you mean with this post as you have not given us the opportunity to help you. You purchased a unit from us a year ago, had an idle issue then called Dynojet instead of us, yet you post you are unsatisfied with our service. You have not given us a chance to help you? While Dynojet may not have a map, Fuel Moto certainly has a map for your combination and we offer unlimited support, if you need help you need to let us help you. We are open 9:00-5:00 and can even link to your computer and check your map and PC configuration and go right in amnd make changes. As far as the CD that comes with the unit, it includes the PC-V and PC III software as provided from Dynojet and you can also download this for free from www.powercommander.com. If you are from Wisconsin and would like to drive up we would also be happy to take a look at your bike and make any necessary adjustments to your map no problem at all. Please contact us at 877-729-4754 and we are here to help you

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

How's that for service.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:58 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Steelknee57
YHGTBFKM.

You're bashing F.M. and you didn't even give them a chance to correct the problem?

What is a politically correct way to tell someone that they're an idiot?
That would be ... IDIOT

You can't tune it without a computer. There are subtle differences in every bike. Dynojet doesn't have maps for nearly as many combos as FM.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:59 PM
rusty pompano
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait a year and then complain and jamie still comes on here and still offers to fix the problem if that not customer service I dont know what is

Old 07-15-2011, 07:06 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Cant ask for better service!
If FM did make a mistake,at least their willing to work with you.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,723 Likes on 22,480 Posts

I think that you should take a cruise over to FM and introduce yourself and get your bike fixed rather than whining about the service when you really haven't given them the chance to do so..

Did you unplug the sensors from your ecm and put the dummy plugs on them?

Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,860 Likes on 4,963 Posts

listen, I didn't even buy anything from them and I know better, that these guys are stand up people. You don't get that many great reviews on the net by being bad at what you do. As a professional mechanic, every time Jamie posts something, it makes sense, and is sound mechanically. Seeing as you seem to be the only person having trouble with them, I would suggest you look in a mirror, and locate your problem

Old 07-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,264 Likes on 1,580 Posts

There is a reason people like Fuelmoto. I've seen them help a lot of posters that didn't even get their units from them. you have to at least give them a chance to make it right before you flame.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto Issues