Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curved License Plate Frame

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:53 PM
djcos1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curved License Plate Frame

Hey everyone. Would like to add Harley`s curved license plate frame(#67900008) to my `11 SG. I`m not much of a wrench turner and have been told that it`s a PINA to install. Simple bolt on I can handle. Hate to pay dealer for something I should be able to do. Anybody had any experience or installed this part? Thanks.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 PM
dspencer
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually have one now that I haven't put on especially after reading the wonderful directions. I do some work but was concerned about scratching the paint and having to add those "bumpers" under the frame for lack of a better term.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:48 PM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want one of those on my SG too. The guy I buy all my parts from said it was a PIA due to the rear tire. He said if I have a jack to get the rear tire to drop it helps a lot. I'm going to leave that ad on as one I will have my dealer due when it's in for something else. As dspencer said, scratching paint or something else I could mess up I would rather pay my dealer on something like this one but that's just me.

T

Old 07-13-2011, 01:52 PM
op01jre
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put mine on my 11 street glide with no issues. You have to reach in between the rear tire and rear fender and loosen the 2 main bolts. Once that is done the rest is easy. Took me about 30 mins total. I just checked the other day and it's all still on and tight.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:56 PM
dspencer
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can u post a pic of how it looks on the bike? Thanks

Old 07-13-2011, 02:28 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Its a easy install its just a pain to get to the bolts because of the tire. Putting mine up on the lift helped a little but not much. Probally a 30 minute install to do something that would take 5 minutes if you could reach the bolts easy. Definately not worth paying someone to do.

Just 2 bolts to remove the light bar then 2 bolts for the license plate frame.

Only Pic I have

Old 07-13-2011, 02:58 PM
PWFD
Road Master

Originally Posted by bberck
Its a easy install its just a pain to get to the bolts because of the tire. Putting mine up on the lift helped a little but not much. Probally a 30 minute install to do something that would take 5 minutes if you could reach the bolts easy. Definately not worth paying someone to do.

Just 2 bolts to remove the light bar then 2 bolts for the license plate frame.

Only Pic I have

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks really good on your bike!

T

Old 07-13-2011, 03:36 PM
slowburngooch
Intermediate

I helped my buddy put one on his '11 SG and it was pretty straightforward, like others have said, just two bolts to remove the bar, and two more to attach the frame. An extra set of hands would definitely help, to hold the bar while it's loose. I wouldn't take it to the dealer for this..just take your time. It only took about 20 min

Old 07-13-2011, 03:46 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't have any issues installing on my 2010 Road Glide Custom. A little blurry, but here's a photo.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:53 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the Kury equivalent on mine. Its a bit of a job but you can do it, just go slow and be careful.

Quick Reply: Curved License Plate Frame