Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth - Revisted

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:25 AM
killerbob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bluetooth - Revisted

Interface between Zumo and HD radio.... The JM device is primitive - routes input to the AUX input and you have a switch to switch microphone&nbsp\\;between HD radio and Phone
&nbsp\\;
For very few extra dollars you can get Cellset from Kennedy Technology 225$ for the box and 95$ for harness for zumo.... It is a "box" that is mounted on top of the radio - and then communicates with the radio and the zumo (from the back of the radio only - not AUX). Then if Zumo says "turn left" the box automaticly mutes the HD-radio sound and unmutes after zumo has quit spaaking. Allso when a phonecall comes the box mutes the radio and plays your ringingtone in your headsed. It will only mute for max 20secs - so you have 20secs to turn down volume on the radio to answer the call. Neat is- that if you play music through the hd speakers the "box" will only play "Turn left" and so on in your headset and leave the stereo over the speaker unintererupted...
&nbsp\\;
Nice device - had it for a few months and couldn't be happier&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; http://www.cellset.com/multigps.html

Old 08-26-2008, 07:26 AM
Merlin
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08UC
i am looking for a less expensive alternative to the h.d. interface that would work through the h.d. headsets. any help would be appreciated.
i also have a zumo 550
I have the stock HD radio and Zumo 550.

I am using the helmet headset for bluetooth calls. There is a special (low cost) interface that allows you to plug into the 2.5mm jack on the Zumo bike mount (located above the Zumo audio out 3.5mm jack) and allows you to use your helmet headset for both CB and bluetooth.

Simple, clean, inexpensive and crystal clear calls at 70mph!

Last edited by Merlin; 08-26-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dhincc
I use the same thing SoCal_Pappy uses, the Interphone handles by BlueAnt. Here's a link:
http://www.myblueant.com/interphone-...helmet-kit.htm
&nbsp\\;
Sometimes it can be a little hard to hear, but overall, it works well, and for a heck of a lot less $.
Get it on Ebay. It's a LOT cheaper.
I had been considering the Blueant system and didn't even think to look on Ebay for it. And yes it was A LOT cheaper...thanks