Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch cable problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
Default clutch cable problem.

When I put the Wild 1 575 bars on the FLHTK, it did need a longer clutch cable so I went with a +4 from Magnum that was ordered through the dealer from the Drag specialities catalogue. Frankly I am dissatisfied with the cable quality. The connector to the clutch release cover is plastic, no adjuster boot was included in the package, nor were instructions. The adjustment it turns out is backward from the stock cable, so in my initial attempts to extend the cable during installation, the "fixed" part came loose. The covering on the cable is also fragile and was cut while feeding it into the fairing.

Bottom line now I have a 66" piece of trash on the bike that doesn't work, won't activate the clutch and binds, and have a Barnett on order direct from them. Since it's in the upper 90's, high humidity, and high probability of thunderstorms the next few days, I have lost much except the $$ spent on a crappy cable.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 AM
idontknow
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that. I also put a magnum cable on my bike and am extremely happy with it. I had none of the issues that you speak of and consider it to be a very nice looking high quality and easy adjusting cable. Maybe you should call magnum shielding direct and speak to the customer service department. I needed to do that for brake cables and they were very good to deal with. Good luck.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I thought about that but I had screwed it up, partly my fault for adjusting it thinking it was the same and what I feel is not the best quality. it is a very nice looking cable, I got the black one, but the coating also very delicate in my opinion. At any rate, a Barnett cable is on the way. Maybe my bad luck and impatience.