Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&E Max 2, 3, or SE on my RKC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 11:29 PM
RayBoy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&E Max 2, 3, or SE on my RKC?

Oh Gawd! ANOTHER pipe thread...

Want deeper, louder pipes than what I have with my current Screamin Eagles (put on with Stage 1 kit). Right now idle sounds decent but accelleration is muted IMO. Don't want to break glass, but do want to be heard in traffic. Want more than just a little nudge up the scale (don't have $$ to invest in a tone that's "a little deeper").

Searched the threads here and got some good ideas. I also listened to some YouTube examples. Hard for me to appreciate on my crap speakers. Money is tight, so I can't spring for top-of-the-line. B&E seemed well received and affordable. The B&E site product descriptions are pretty skimpy (and audio examples were broken links). It does say that the Max 2 is "on a level with the Screamin Eagle but the tone is deeper." And Max 3 is "the loudest most free flowing". Still doesn't tell me much. So my question to you folks who have first hand knowledge is whether there is a real volume difference between Max 2 and the SEs? Are Max 3s ear-splitting neighbor lawsuits compared to SE and Max 2s? I know. It's so subjective. Maybe on a volume scale of 1-10, where stock is say a 3 and the SEs are a 5. Where do Max 2 and 3 fall? Anyone ever heard a side-by-side comparison of all three in person? Thanks for your time...

Old 07-14-2011, 09:39 AM
RayBoy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a great email exchange with Bob from B&E. Ended up with the Superflow w/ 2.25" baffles. Great guy to do business with!