Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fullsac Re-core mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 01:59 PM
fzggm4
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fullsac Re-core mufflers

I am looking at a Fullsac Stage 1 upgrade. They show a muffler(s) re-core kit with their upgrade. Anybody running these re-core mufflers, and if so are you happy with them?

Old 07-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Big M
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am and I love it! I bit the bullet and did the Stage II (cams, pipes, re-core mufflers, head gasket, TTS and 3 hrs on the Dyno) HP went from 73 to 93, out of my 2010 96" motor! Steve (Fullsac) did the work himself (I live in the same town). I've since spent some time at his shop and highly recommend them! Steve is a bit OCD, and it show in the quality of his work.

The re-cored pipes have a nice rumble tone, not to loud, not to quiet (they have different size cores for more or less noise). Give them a shout. I have NO regrets!

Old 07-10-2011, 06:33 PM
shiznitmc
3rd Gear

i re-cored a pair of CVO take-offs with the 2 inch baffels. i still have the cat in the header but it did make the pipes sound like they should imo. i can still hear the radio when cruising and it has a nice deep growl when running through the gears. i did a lot of research on htese before going this route too... hope it helps

Old 07-10-2011, 07:31 PM
badger34
Cruiser
Received 287 Likes on 70 Posts

xxxxx

Last edited by badger34; 05-24-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:20 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Yup...I recored my CVO take-offs when I installed their tru-duals. I installed the 2" baffles and am very happy with it!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:16 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Yep

+1 Steve is awesome. I did a thread on my recore job and now could do it in less than 1/2 the time. This was all in good fun, but he pretty much called me a Sally for even touching them with a dremel tool. When cutting the welds out watch and listen for the spark/tone to change. The weld is hard as hell and everything else cuts pretty easy. I forget now what the bit is called he recomended, but what a huge difference!!! Plus the sound is great and I am the only one that sounds different than everyone else!!! Someone else here told me that you can also remove the outer baffle material to ad a little rumble and lose some of the bark, have not tried this. Hope this helps
Kris

Old 10-09-2011, 01:36 AM
SOCALHD
Road Warrior

I am doing this install now. I currently have a stock mufflers (Non-CVO) that I sent to Fulsac for 2 inch recore. I absolutely love the sound. Ii picked up a set of CVO mufflers cheap and now in the process of putting the 2 inch cores in them. I like the looks of the CVO Mufflers.
My question is: Do I leave the screen and fiberglass material in the can or remove it?? I have an idea these Mufflers are going to be just a little loader than Non-CVO mufflers with the same cores.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:43 AM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Leave them in...I did!

Old 10-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shiznitmc
i re-cored a pair of CVO take-offs with the 2 inch baffels. i still have the cat in the header but it did make the pipes sound like they should imo. i can still hear the radio when cruising and it has a nice deep growl when running through the gears. i did a lot of research on htese before going this route too... hope it helps

I did the 2" baffles in my CVO mufflers with the Fullsac x pipe... I'm very happy with the sound and performance!

I had originally left the screens in, but decided to take them out, noticed no difference in sound..

Old 10-09-2011, 10:16 AM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

If anyone is going to be in Daytona Beach for Biketoberfest, I have a set of the mufflers that I had on my 2004 Ultra with true duals. I used the mufflers about 50 miles and G/F said they were 'annoying'. I told her she was annoying...then took the mufflers off.
Buy them while you are in Daytona...(mufflers only).

chuck the mensh

Quick Reply: Fullsac Re-core mufflers