Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inner cam bearing tool

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 08:45 AM
nail bender
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inner cam bearing tool

i need to replace my inner cam bearings but dont have the tool. not sure i want to buy a tool for around one hundred dollars or more that i will use once or very little. does anyone have one they could rent me, or lend me ? i am in Hamilton Montana. if you have a paypal acount i could send a rentel fee of 20.00 and a deposit that covers the cost of the tool. when i send it back you refund my deposit. findin one local would be great but shipping on a small item like this is no big deal. i would pay shipping both ways. thanks for any help.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:31 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nail bender
i need to replace my inner cam bearings but dont have the tool. not sure i want to buy a tool for around one hundred dollars or more that i will use once or very little. does anyone have one they could rent me, or lend me ? i am in Hamilton Montana. if you have a paypal acount i could send a rentel fee of 20.00 and a deposit that covers the cost of the tool. when i send it back you refund my deposit. findin one local would be great but shipping on a small item like this is no big deal. i would pay shipping both ways. thanks for any help.
I'll lend you mine. PM me and we'll work it out.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:34 AM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats awesome

Old 07-09-2011, 09:36 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
I'll lend you mine. PM me and we'll work it out.
You sir are a class act!

I'd like to think I'd lend the guy one if I owed one, but internet friends can be fickle to say the least. I hope it works out for both of you!

Old 07-09-2011, 10:14 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ocezam
You sir are a class act!

I'd like to think I'd lend the guy one if I owed one, but internet friends can be fickle to say the least. I hope it works out for both of you!
I loan my tools out to my local friends all of the time. Internet friends can be a bit sketchy if you don't know them well in person.

An example of this is my ex. She has four guys on the Internet that all think that she is their fiancee. Three of the four she has never met in person. She gets money and gifts from all of them. One of them lives in British Columbia. None of them know about the other ones and they think that they are the only one.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:27 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,898 Likes on 4,970 Posts

Originally Posted by ftanner
I loan my tools out to my local friends all of the time. Internet friends can be a bit sketchy if you don't know them well in person.

An example of this is my ex. She has four guys on the Internet that all think that she is their fiancee. Three of the four she has never met in person. She gets money and gifts from all of them. One of them lives in British Columbia. None of them know about the other ones and they think that they are the only one.
I guess the best part of that story is the word,"ex"!

Old 07-09-2011, 10:30 AM
nail bender
Advanced

[quote=ftanner;8550587]I loan my tools out to my local friends all of the time. Internet friends can be a bit sketchy if you don't know them well in person.

that is why i offered to rent with a deposit not just borrow from someone i dont know. i am not out to screw anyone just as i dont want to be screwed myself.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
I guess the best part of that story is the word,"ex"!
Yeah it is....hehehe The icing on the cake is that I have custody of the kids as well.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:12 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

[quote=nail bender;8550630]
Originally Posted by ftanner

that is why i offered to rent with a deposit not just borrow from someone i dont know. i am not out to screw anyone just as i dont want to be screwed myself.
I didn't say that you were. I was generalizing about how people are more "disconnected" on the Internet than they are in person. I've had long-time Internet friends throw me over for stupid reasons that didn't even have anything to do with me. Which is one of the reasons that I tend to differentiate my Internet friends from friends I have in "real life", or as we geeks call it, in "meat space" (as opposed to cyber space).

Old 07-09-2011, 11:23 AM
vanman59
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default autozone or advance

You can even borrow the blind bearing puller from autozone or advance auto. I bought mine from harbor freight for $59 (you can get a 20% off coupon in most magazines). I just eyeballed the depth the bearing was in and when we reinstalled everything, I didn't even need to change the spacer...

Quick Reply: Inner cam bearing tool