Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with pinstrips

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011 | 02:05 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member

One of their guys in the body shop is able to somehow buff that type of stuff off, apparently since it's on top of the clear coat.
That's the way traditional hot rod pin stripes are done, last thing to go on and no clear coat over it. But there are some who do clear coat over it, just a preference thing.

Old 07-08-2011 | 04:10 PM
mike greeno
Advanced

Originally Posted by dnitram
Funny thing that this should come up. I was recently at a HD dealer speaking with a sales manager that I've known for years. The week before they had taken in a SG that had all sorts of additional pin stripes and "objects d'art" painted all over it. I had asked then how in the world they'd ever find someone who would like the additional art work as much as the original owner AND buy the bike (to me it was really gaudy). He said to come back in a week and take a look see. I was absolutely amazed in what I saw! One of their guys in the body shop is able to somehow buff that type of stuff off, apparently since it's on top of the clear coat. You'd have never know that the paint had been anything else but stock.

My point is that though the dealer may take a little off on a trade-in because of extras in the way of paint, it's not going to kill your trade-in value down the road... So go ahead and personalize your scoot the way you want to!
Easy Off Oven cleaner will remove any lettering and pinstriping with out harming the paint!