Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some new toys on my StreetGlide with photos

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:30 AM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some new toys on my StreetGlide with photos

Well, the dog house is a good place to be when you get new goodies on the bike.... As I always say, Better to ask Forgiveness than Permission.

Anyway, as some of you know I haven't been all that happy with the Screaming Eagle Nightstick Slip-on. Not that I didn't like it "just" wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Any way, I fell in love with the look and sound of the Vance & Hines High Output 2 into 1 slip-on. I am running the stock header with the cat still in place with a SE heavy breather and HD download. The bike runs SO good and I must say out of all the Harley's I have owned this is by far the best sounding I think I have ever had. (and yes, I've had a lot of Harley's)

The next thing I added was the Harley Wind Splitter Windshield. Again, one of the greatest things about this forum is all of us willing to share information. With all of the reviews and posts here I knew this would be the right windshield for my SG. And , yup, it was. I'm 5'9" with the stock seat on my SG and I am VERY happy with the "new" wind pattern that is hitting me or not really hitting me. One of the reviews I read here I dont remember who said it but they were dead on by saying it was like riding in a convertible. There is wind but no wind in my face. My sun glasses sit still on my face and my shorty helmet no longer tries to lift off my head. So it was a nice change from stock but still keeping the lines I want on my SG.

Then the Sceaming Eagle 10mm Spark Plug Wires in red I thought would make a nice addition to the brilliant silver paint. Wanted to ad a touch of color and I am SO happy with the results. I originally wired them up as the stock wires were. (FYI on the 2010 the 10mm wires DO fit in the stock clips) I thought they looked "okay" but I felt I lost a little impact of the color with the front wire being up under the tank. As you can see in the photos I ran them a bit different and thought they looked a lot better.

Last part was a timing cover. I've never put one on and always said I would and was shocked to find the area totally empty under the stock cover. Thought I could keep spare change in there or hide my key ;-). The dealership told me HD kept the look from the old engine and there was nothing behind that cover. I guess I didn't think it would be quite what it was. Not that it matters I just thought it was funny.

Anyway, I wanted to share the photos and my thoughts of all the extras.

Ride safe,

T

Attached Thumbnails Some new toys on my StreetGlide with photos-2011-07-06-14.54.20.jpg   Some new toys on my StreetGlide with photos-2011-07-06-14.54.34.jpg   Some new toys on my StreetGlide with photos-2011-07-01-06.57.29.jpg   Some new toys on my StreetGlide with photos-2011-07-06-14.53.59.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 10:34 PM
gforce29
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PWFD
Well, the dog house is a good place to be when you get new goodies on the bike.... As I always say, Better to ask Forgiveness than Permission.

Anyway, as some of you know I haven't been all that happy with the Screaming Eagle Nightstick Slip-on. Not that I didn't like it "just" wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Any way, I fell in love with the look and sound of the Vance & Hines High Output 2 into 1 slip-on. I am running the stock header with the cat still in place with a SE heavy breather and HD download. The bike runs SO good and I must say out of all the Harley's I have owned this is by far the best sounding I think I have ever had. (and yes, I've had a lot of Harley's)

The next thing I added was the Harley Wind Splitter Windshield. Again, one of the greatest things about this forum is all of us willing to share information. With all of the reviews and posts here I knew this would be the right windshield for my SG. And , yup, it was. I'm 5'9" with the stock seat on my SG and I am VERY happy with the "new" wind pattern that is hitting me or not really hitting me. One of the reviews I read here I dont remember who said it but they were dead on by saying it was like riding in a convertible. There is wind but no wind in my face. My sun glasses sit still on my face and my shorty helmet no longer tries to lift off my head. So it was a nice change from stock but still keeping the lines I want on my SG.

Then the Sceaming Eagle 10mm Spark Plug Wires in red I thought would make a nice addition to the brilliant silver paint. Wanted to ad a touch of color and I am SO happy with the results. I originally wired them up as the stock wires were. (FYI on the 2010 the 10mm wires DO fit in the stock clips) I thought they looked "okay" but I felt I lost a little impact of the color with the front wire being up under the tank. As you can see in the photos I ran them a bit different and thought they looked a lot better.

Last part was a timing cover. I've never put one on and always said I would and was shocked to find the area totally empty under the stock cover. Thought I could keep spare change in there or hide my key ;-). The dealership told me HD kept the look from the old engine and there was nothing behind that cover. I guess I didn't think it would be quite what it was. Not that it matters I just thought it was funny.

Anyway, I wanted to share the photos and my thoughts of all the extras.

Ride safe,

T
Nice , and i agree with you . Better to ask Forgiveness than Permission.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

Nicely done. I like the red spark wires... I have a set on mine as well.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:14 AM
Sweetglide08
Cruiser

I'm diggin it! How did you go about routing your wires like that, I'd like to give it a shot?

Old 07-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 151 Posts

Looks good.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:05 AM
PWFD
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sweetglide08
I'm diggin it! How did you go about routing your wires like that, I'd like to give it a shot?
I removed my stock wires and then I took off the rear clips that hold the stock wires on the frame under the seat. I then took black zip ties and routed them through the openings were the stock clips were so I could bundle the new SE wires together. I personally felt this gave it a better look than what the clips gave. The front wire I then put one more black zip tie to the fuel supply which worked great as a mounting point. In this shot I had the wire tucked under the horn but I have since changed it and have it routed in front of the horn bracket. Gives about two more inches of color showing. For under $20 I think this could be one of my favorite mods I've ever done to a bike. Think it ads just the right touch of color.

If you want any close up photos let me know. I can shoot each of the mounting points if you would like.

T

Old 07-08-2011, 08:37 AM
thecort
Road Captain

Looks great!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 AM
coiledup
Tourer

You know I really commend you on all your great mods! But I do have one gripe though. In your first pic right near the left saddle bag, if you look closely, there is a leaf laying on your garage floor! A leaf! In the picture. Don't you have a wife that can sweep the garage before you take photos? Rookie mistake. J/K Looks great!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:23 AM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PWFD
Now there's an idea for one of our creative fabricators, a timing cover with some sort of quick release system for keeping coin (or other small valuables).

Great job on the mods. Can you post a sound clip of the slip on? I have the Nightstick still, and although it's growing on me, I don't think it'll be a long-term solution. Still want to lose the CAT.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:11 AM
PWFD
Road Master

Originally Posted by coiledup
You know I really commend you on all your great mods! But I do have one gripe though. In your first pic right near the left saddle bag, if you look closely, there is a leaf laying on your garage floor! A leaf! In the picture. Don't you have a wife that can sweep the garage before you take photos? Rookie mistake. J/K Looks great!
PERFECT!!! I actually get teased about how clean I keep my garage floor. I love that you noticed that leaf. As far as my wife keeping it clean..... No, that will never happen! ;-)

Quick Reply: Some new toys on my StreetGlide with photos