Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Cushion Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 12:00 PM
98fat
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is another good example of you get what you pay for. I just spent 1200 miles on a pro pad. Pretty good investment.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:02 PM
patsfan
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife wont throw her leg over without her Airhawk. I must admit after a couple hundred miles, mine comes out of the saddlebag too.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:38 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another satisfied Airhawk customer.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:08 PM
assaultthesalt
Cruiser

Originally Posted by troop
Cheap alternative are seat beads. Can be had for $30 or so. They relieve hot spots, cool your butt and keep rain off your ****...

X2 !! You can get them at www.cyclecrafts.net for like $20.They distribute the pressure points on your **** and also keep you cool in the summer.I've had mine for quit a while and would not want to ride w/out them.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:23 PM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 07-07-2011, 02:31 PM
cantonrider
Club Member

Another Airhawk fan.....rode 1800 miles from Atlanta to Dallas with the Airhawk and stock seat with absolutely no problems. I DID overinflate it for a VERY short period of time...THAT was not comfortable. Once I let some air out, I was good to go.

I've since added the Sundowner seat (mostly for the wife) but for my Sturgis trip, I'll be using the Airhawk. GREAT product.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Mike Rice
Intermediate

Rode to Sturgis in 09 on a sheep skin (1750 miles) got there gave it back to the sheep. Rode home (another 1700 miles) on an Air Hawk, what a difference, won't go on any long trip without my Air Hawk.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:33 PM
mateo613
Advanced

Thanks for all of the great suggestions. Too bad the AirHawks are so expensive. Let me start evaluating my options.

Thanks again, and see you guys/gals in Sturgis!

Matthew

Old 07-07-2011, 05:13 PM
mateo613
Advanced

Originally Posted by jlacasci
Airhawk all the way. Expensive yes. Tried and true technology yes. They started out making these things for wheelchair bound folks that sit longer than most of us bikers. I tried a bunch of those mentioned but thus far nothing compares to the Airhawk. My girl won't ride anywhere without it any longer.
Last year on a 3,000 mile trip, my buddy kept asking to borrow my Airhawk (he had the HD Circulator). If you look at them at www.rohostore.com they say there is a 60 day money back guarantee on them.

Nope, I don't work for these guys but do think they make a great product.

Joe
Hey Joe,
Thanks for the info. I found the airhawk at the following site for ~50 bucks cheaper than most sites, and it carries a 90 day money back guarantee for only 10 dollars shipping. Any thoughts?

http://www.bikercushion.com/Airhawk-Seat-s/25.htm

Also, which rider seat do you have, the Large or Medium. I can't figure it out easily from their site, it just basically says if you have a large RUMP get the large. I'm 6'1 215lbs, so not sure which seat I would need.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Matthew

Old 07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
patsfan
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mateo613
Hey Joe,
Thanks for the info. I found the airhawk at the following site for ~50 bucks cheaper than most sites, and it carries a 90 day money back guarantee for only 10 dollars shipping. Any thoughts?

http://www.bikercushion.com/Airhawk-Seat-s/25.htm

Also, which rider seat do you have, the Large or Medium. I can't figure it out easily from their site, it just basically says if you have a large RUMP get the large. I'm 6'1 215lbs, so not sure which seat I would need.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Matthew
Depends on your bike/seat size, not the size of your butt. I have an RK and use a medium touring. I think the only touring bike that requires a large is an Ultra.
Go to Airhawks site and check out their fitment chart.

Quick Reply: Seat Cushion Suggestions