Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Cushion Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:49 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shortride
Sheep skin covers are surprsingly cool and comfortable.
+1 on the sheepskin, I run one most of the time, the air hawk is emergency use.....LOL

Old 07-06-2011, 09:56 PM
jperez434
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rode with the HD Circulator Seat pad on my 2007 FLHX stock seat from Florida all the way to Texas for ROT Rally this year. 1800 miles with the stock seat, pad, and highway pegs and I was golden. 80 bucks is worth a shot if you're not ready to spend the dough on $700 seat.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:10 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I took that seat cushion from Costco for a ride this morning, just a short one, and I gotta say I did not like it. Other people might, but I do not recommend it. Not that comfortable and it moves around a lot.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:03 AM
jlacasci
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Airhawk all the way. Expensive yes. Tried and true technology yes. They started out making these things for wheelchair bound folks that sit longer than most of us bikers. I tried a bunch of those mentioned but thus far nothing compares to the Airhawk. My girl won't ride anywhere without it any longer.
Last year on a 3,000 mile trip, my buddy kept asking to borrow my Airhawk (he had the HD Circulator). If you look at them at www.rohostore.com they say there is a 60 day money back guarantee on them.

Nope, I don't work for these guys but do think they make a great product.

Joe

Old 07-07-2011, 07:30 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I have the HD Circulaor Pad and really like it.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:40 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Another vote for the sheepskin....I never ride long distances without mine. Cooler in the summer,, warmer in the winter.....the additional "padding" is just right for me. Of course I got rid of the stock Harley saddle a long time ago (C&C SportTourer)

Old 07-07-2011, 10:45 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Cheap alternative are seat beads. Can be had for $30 or so. They relieve hot spots, cool your butt and keep rain off your ****...

Old 07-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shortride
Sheep skin covers are surprsingly cool and comfortable.
+1, unless you're the "everything on my bike has to be officially authorized by Willie G." type. (Personally, that's one of the best reasons I can think of for having one.)

You'll notice that most of the pictures of old school touring bikes show a sheepskin on the seat. I've also heard somebody say something about an innertube from a 8" trailer tire, but that's pretty outside the box even for me.

That Airhawk "egg crate" design looks a lot like a foam pad I've seen used in hospital beds.

Last edited by Sharknose; 07-07-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cycle Pedic Touring Seats

Cycle Pedic Touring Seats offers riders and passengers the ultimate in comfort by taking pressure off the prostate and tailbone area. Using multiple levels of comfort including: memory foam, mold injected polyurethane foam, shock absorbing gel polymer, and a channel for the prostate/tailbone, Rush guarantees Cycle Pedic Seats will displace more weight than any other seat making this the most comfortable seat in the industry.

http://www.rushracingproducts.com/Cy...esentation.pdf Click the link for more information.

Ride on Us! --- If you are not happy with the product within 10 days, return the seat for a full refund!

Three styles available with retail price range of $399.95 - $599.95

Old 07-07-2011, 11:33 AM
jdallenemtp
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sheep skin is the way to go. Dont ride without it!

Quick Reply: Seat Cushion Suggestions