Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little help from all you baggers

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 06:02 PM
livindadream
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help from all you baggers

So i been seriously thinking about trading my fat bob for a road glide or street glide, i just wanted to know if any of you regret it sometimes. I do alot of highway riding at 80mph plus (california flow of traffic) and alot of times im taking a beating by the wind at that kind of speed. I just cant do the windshield thing on a dyna, if i went that road i would rather have a fairing with some music, and i think fairings look a whole lot better. At 6'6" 210 which model would be the best choice, road glide or street glide with out having to go with a giant windshield, im sure either one would take most of the wind compared to my fat bob. any thoughts would help.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:08 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You just opened a can of worms, I've had both and personally prefer the RG, but you really need to take each model for a real test ride to see which one is for you. If your local dealer doesn't do test rides, then rent each one for a whole day and ride it the way you plan, make your decision that way.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:20 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 07-06-2011, 06:25 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

No regrets here. Came from a 08 Street Bob with forward controls.

I'd do like dbell suggests and take both out for a good test ride and then go from there.

I will say that if you go Street Glide at 6'6" you will be looking at another shield other than the stock 4" that comes with it. Plenty of aftermarket shields out there with the re-curve will definitely help.

Good luck.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:25 PM
angelrod
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be all right with a baggers california or some place else, it's gonna be less gravels in your face

Old 07-06-2011, 06:31 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

it is all up to what ever you like.. i bought a 01 electraglide with the tourpak off,i loved it but always wanted a road glide..after 3 years i finally rode a new roadglide at a demo.i really didnt like it..felt like i was sitting at a counter, couldn't see the road. and it felt like i had less control..you may love it,you need to test ride both first..

Old 07-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Grizzx2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dbell66253
You just opened a can of worms, I've had both and personally prefer the RG, but you really need to take each model for a real test ride to see which one is for you. If your local dealer doesn't do test rides, then rent each one for a whole day and ride it the way you plan, make your decision that way.
What He Said........
But I'm partial to the Street Glide.....

Old 07-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've ridden both and bought the Street Glide but at 6'-6" I'd think you'd be better suited to the Road Glide.

Dealers are advertising test rides which was very rare in the past but needed now in this down economy. Test ride and see which one fits you better.

Before I bought mine the dealer had a special where you could ride up to 3 bikes on the same day for the cost of one day's rental.

If you can make that deal, split up both bikes into half day segments like I did, take the same route both times and you will have enough in-the-seat experience to make an educated choice.

Good luck.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Glidedsternfan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Another convert!!

GO ROAD GLIDE!!!
You won't regret it. :-D

Old 07-06-2011, 07:43 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my Street Glide, but I have to admit I have been eying the roadie. However it would take some work to get to where I like it. Basically the same work I did to the Street Glide and I am not ready to start over again.

Quick Reply: A little help from all you baggers