Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From Dyna WG To Electra Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:45 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: From Dyna WG To Electra Glide

I like to the Classic for the longer rides which is more of comfort for me and the wife...we will use the FXDWG for the around the town rides.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:03 AM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Made the switch myself in late August from a 99 WG. Always liked the geezer glides but just couldn't make the move for whatever reason. Well, I finally did and haven't looked back. Kinda funny watching all my buds on their softails fighting the wind, while me and the ol' lady is kicking back enjoying the day. This is what it is all about brother enjoy the ride and the new bike. Oh yeah, what to expect - fuel mileage sucks compared to the Dyna I was getting 50 on the WG and now getting 37-42 on the Electra Glide. Gonna have a heat issue from the rear crossover. But did I mention it is soooooo comfortable and fun, i don't regret the swap only the payment since the other was paid for. Oh well ya only live once. ENJOY !

Old Bike

NEW BIKE

Old 11-07-2006, 12:27 AM
JBA111
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Ultra has cost me a ton of money in gas since I got it back in 99, Not because it gets bad milage, but because doing 300-400-500 mile days is no biggie! I mean I just go out rideing and several hundred miles later I start turning her back toward the house, or maybe I will ride another hundred miles and then turn her in the direction of the house!!
The baggers are just easy to roll along on. And give yourself a couple years with the big baggers and your makeing right turns laying em over and power in em right back up soooo smoooooth. And turning tight Uturns on 2 lane streets!! They don't handle like a Sportster or even a WG, but the big bikes are alot of fun to drive both slow and hiway fast.
Like the guys said, where ya going on your first weekend trip??

Old 11-07-2006, 01:39 PM
MX10RS
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what I wanted to hear. I am looking forward to the long rides in laid back comfort. I had a lot of fun with the Dyna and its a great bike, but felt it must be time for an "Old Geezer" ride. Thanks for all the input.