Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short cut to Little Chute, WI (Fuel Moto)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011 | 09:14 PM
joe98
|
Road Captain

Guys, please...I didn't mean to start a war....with the boring vs scenic rides. As I said in my original post, my main concern is the immediate long distance highway runs right after the bike is tuned. I always thought it was a rule of thumb to dump the crank case oil right after 500 miles, and then 1000 miles. This was what I was told by several shops. I guess varying your speed/load would also be a big factor. Thanks for the ferry pictures...beautiful sunset. I guess the ferry would be a nice time to put up your feet and have a break. Thanks again everyone for your help...always appreciated.

Old 07-06-2011 | 10:21 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by joe98
Another question: Even though Jamie breaks in the new build properly on the dyno; what about the ride home ? Should the oil be changed at 500 miles ? or 1,000 miles ? and constant freeway speed ? Thanks alot fellas...
When we have the build completed and the dyno break in and tune finished the motor will be pretty well broke in and ready to go. I generally recommend changing the oil after 1000 miles

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-06-2011 | 11:31 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by WEINERDOGBONE
I'm not trying to denegrate the State of Wisconsin. I gave my honest opinion and I've spent some time there. I have family in Sun Prairie and I've watched the Packers play at home many times. There are probably parts that you know from living there that I haven't seen yet.

Besides, I live in Indiana. It's a good place to live but generally pretty boring to ride. No insult was intended.

I didn't take insult, it was more shock to hear that Wisconsin was boring to ride in.

Old 07-07-2011 | 12:23 AM
Razorback
Tourer

I'm in Iron Mountain, MI in the UP, Shout if you need anything along the way.

Old 07-07-2011 | 02:37 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by WEINERDOGBONE
I'm not trying to denegrate the State of Wisconsin. I gave my honest opinion and I've spent some time there. I have family in Sun Prairie and I've watched the Packers play at home many times. There are probably parts that you know from living there that I haven't seen yet.

Besides, I live in Indiana. It's a good place to live but generally pretty boring to ride. No insult was intended.
I have lived in WI for 29 years. If you are in a hurry, and ride the Interstate it is boring. But if you ride 2 lanes it is usually beautiful and full of interesting people and businesses. The southern route is a little too interesting- idiots cut you off doing 90 mph in Chicago area. I would avoid it. Good luck

Old 07-07-2011 | 03:03 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tortoise98
What? Indiana is boring? I'll have you know that my daily commute from Elwood to Lafayette has some of the finest straight line roads through the most scenic corn and soybean fields on earth!
The "finest straight line roads" itself is an oxymoron!!! No such thing exists. Michigan is beautiful, as is Wisconsin, Indiana, you can forget anything interesting unless you want to see all of the closed up businesses and crackheads in Gary.

Old 07-07-2011 | 10:04 AM
Glenn W
Tourer

Love the SS Badger! Took it again last year to a rally in Bellaire, MI. The Badger can be pretty reasonable if it figures in with your sleeping plans. There are very comfy airplane-type recliner chairs in one lounge and snoozing is welcomed, also if it's a warm night you can sleep like the dead in jeans & a sweatshirt on deck, in one of the dozens of chaise lounger chairs that fold flat. There are private staterooms available too, if you want private exercise AND some sleep The food's even pretty good IMO. If you sleep all the way across you save the price of a hotel room and roll off the ship rested and ready to go. Cars/trucks are driven in/out by the porter staff BTW, but bikes are only ridden on/off by the bike's owners. You'll need to bring your own straps (for the bike OR staterooms).

Old 07-07-2011 | 05:59 PM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
The "finest straight line roads" itself is an oxymoron!!! No such thing exists. Michigan is beautiful, as is Wisconsin, Indiana, you can forget anything interesting unless you want to see all of the closed up businesses and crackheads in Gary.
At least you understood the sarcasm...