Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short cut to Little Chute, WI (Fuel Moto)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011 | 09:56 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by WEINERDOGBONE

IMHO, Wisconsin is kind of boring to ride through but Michigan is beautiful. I rode the circle tour of Lake Michigan last summer and that was my experience.

I don't know where you were riding in Wisconsin that it was boring, unless you were just in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area but that's all city.

The UP of Michigan is good riding though.

Old 07-05-2011 | 10:07 PM
joe mayo
Cruiser
Default Little Chute

Joe98,
I work 2 blocks away from Fuel Moto. Had my 09 ultra done about 3 weeks ago. Jamie is a good guy and will treat you right.
It would be around 250 miles farther to go thru the Sault St. Marie, but would be cheaper than the ferry and certainly better than going thru Chicago at anytime. Take 75 south out of Sault St. Marie to hwy 28 west, then hwy 117 south to hwy 2 west. Hwy 2 follows the north shore of Lake Michigan. Great scenic road, been on it many times. Follow 2 until Hwy 41/35 which rides the shoreline of Green Bay. Head south and stay on Hwy 41 all the way to Little Chute, go south on Cty Rd 'N' one block, turn left on Moasis Dr, about 5 blocks east is Fuel Moto on Kelbe Dr. If you would need to spend the night, nice motel at that intersection, sports bar next door.
If you have a little xtra time, stop in St. Ignace, Mi. A little further distance, 50 miles or so but nice place for a beer & burger. Hwy 75 & 2 meet there.

Old 07-05-2011 | 10:21 PM
WEINERDOGBONE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by danmo
I don't know where you were riding in Wisconsin that it was boring, unless you were just in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area but that's all city.

The UP of Michigan is good riding though.
I'm not trying to denegrate the State of Wisconsin. I gave my honest opinion and I've spent some time there. I have family in Sun Prairie and I've watched the Packers play at home many times. There are probably parts that you know from living there that I haven't seen yet.

Besides, I live in Indiana. It's a good place to live but generally pretty boring to ride. No insult was intended.

Old 07-06-2011 | 12:20 AM
vzts4q
Road Master

I would recommend going across on the SS Badger did it a few years ago and would do it again. The history alone is enough to make it interesting. http://ssbadger.com/home.aspx
If you wait till September the lake Express will be doing motorcycles for free.
http://www.lake-express.com/about/ne...le.aspx?id=145

Attached Thumbnails Short cut to Little Chute, WI (Fuel Moto)-july-5th-6th-2008-015.jpg   Short cut to Little Chute, WI (Fuel Moto)-july-5th-6th-2008-039.jpg  
Old 07-06-2011 | 08:38 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member

As far as break in goes, I had mine done a week before a 2,500 mile trip. Jamie thought it would be fine to just go and do an oil/filter change when I got back.

Ran great in the mountains, gas milage went up a few MPG's. Plenty of power and just plan runs better.

Have a great trip whichever way you decide to get there, you won't be disappointed.

Old 07-06-2011 | 11:37 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Default Route

+1. I have done the ferry and rode around. The Lake Express is great but is a little pricey. Cross at S.S. Marie and make your way down to Hwy 2, which runs along the northern edge of Lake MI. Very nice. That will wrap around and put you into Green Bay, where you should stop, have a beer at Titletown Brewery, and continue on. Forget Chicago.

TedMan

Originally Posted by ACDavis
There is a quicker ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee: http://www.lake-express.com/
We always found it to be expensive. If you ride, I'd go thru the U.P. and then follow Lake Michigan around. My cousins just did it 2-weeks ago (from Bay City, Michigan). The ride thru Northern Michigan and the U.P. are great.

Old 07-06-2011 | 05:22 PM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by WEINERDOGBONE
I'm not trying to denegrate the State of Wisconsin. I gave my honest opinion and I've spent some time there. I have family in Sun Prairie and I've watched the Packers play at home many times. There are probably parts that you know from living there that I haven't seen yet.

Besides, I live in Indiana. It's a good place to live but generally pretty boring to ride. No insult was intended.
What? Indiana is boring? I'll have you know that my daily commute from Elwood to Lafayette has some of the finest straight line roads through the most scenic corn and soybean fields on earth!

Last edited by Tortoise98; 07-06-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-06-2011 | 06:42 PM
WEINERDOGBONE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tortoise98
What? Indiana is boring? I'll have you know that my daily commute from Elwood to Lafayette has some of the finest straight line roads through the most scenic corn and soybean fields on earth!
Ain't it the truth. All that and an occasional Deer to jump out and try to wreck you.

Old 07-06-2011 | 07:24 PM
mannya4
Cruiser

I live in Chicago, love Wisconsin and the Packers, and went to school in the UP! With that being said....You could drive through Chicago and avoid all the tolls, it just takes about 10mins longer. I'll agree, Wisconsin from Chicago to Green Bay area is a bit boring or maybe I've seen it so many times its old. I do agree that the UP has some beautiful riding along the lake! Good Luck with whatever way you go.

Old 07-06-2011 | 07:41 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Try riding the western side of the state much better riding in Wisconsin

Quick Reply: Short cut to Little Chute, WI (Fuel Moto)