Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I pulled the trigger today on a new Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:39 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,154 Likes on 11,648 Posts

Congrats on your new ride.... and welcome to the land of F'UGLY

Attached Thumbnails I pulled the trigger today on a new Road Glide-roadie-shirt.jpg  
Old 07-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

I ran the 517s for ten years, then needed to straighten out my wrists. Using 10" Monkey Bars now.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-03-2011, 07:15 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Is it black?
Isnt black the fastest color for a HD

Yes, I went with the Vivid Black

Thanks everyone for your responses

Old 07-03-2011, 07:02 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

I picked it up this am and put 150 miles on , rides great. I cant believe how nimble it is compared to my Fatboy.

I ordered the black front fork legs and cow bells, black Wild ones 518, a black engine guard and black saddlebag guards , bought the HD black mirrors. Hope to get everything installed by next weekend.

Im leaning towards a Fuel Moto stage 1 package with the header pipe and tuned mufflers , but Id really like to stay with a blacked out look and the V & H black pipes look real good to me . Any one out there using the V & H power duals and the hi output slip ons?

Also Id like to go with a programer instead of a PC this time what is everyone using the SE tuner, TTS or the Power Commander Power vision?

Thanks , I have a couple of pics now too.

Attached Thumbnails I pulled the trigger today on a new Road Glide-photo-1.jpg   I pulled the trigger today on a new Road Glide-photo-2.jpg   I pulled the trigger today on a new Road Glide-photo.jpg  
Old 07-05-2011, 10:39 AM
clamdigger56
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dspencer
Congrats on the new ride. I just did heritage bars and went with the 14" CeeGlide version for the windshield. Works good for me.
Hey dspenser, how tall are you. I just ordered the 14" CB for my 2011 RGC and thinking I might want to go to the heritage bars too. I could use another 1 1/2" pullback. I am 6' 1 1/2". Thanks

Old 07-05-2011, 11:10 AM
dspencer
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm right at 6'2" (33 inseam) and the 14 inch Cee Glide hits me just right with the stock seat. As far as the heritage bars...you won't be disappointed. They give me plenty of options for adjusting just where I want them..very worthwhile at least for me.

Xaran, I went with the black out look on my RGC and got the black vance and hines power duals, SE race tuner, and kept the black SE slipons the dealer had on it when I bought it (Cash flow was getting hurt or I'd probably would have added the rineharts blacked out slipons).
Very happy with the set up, the power duals look very nice and the bike still has a nice low rumble but sounds good when you throttle up. Dealer got about 14% more hp and torque but don't remember the actual numbers right now. Lots of options obviously but happy with mine.
Hope this helps.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:11 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Darrell

Thanks for the info. Im decided on the V & H Power Duals in black with the Black out Rounds and quiet baffels

Old 07-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Flatlander1
Stage III
Default Congrats on the new ride

You should check out www.baggershield.com for a windshield option. They offer no tool, quick adjustable windshields for touring bikes. I originally had one on my 08 Streetglide and it worked great. I traded the SG in for a 2011 RG Ultra a few months ago and this was one one of the first things I put on it. It gives you the short look for most of your riding but you can adjust for more protection when needed. I'm currently running the 10.5"-17.5" model.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:11 PM
porterjet
Tourer

Welcome to the sharktank.
I have had http://www.clearviewshields.com/ on two bikes and so far so good.
I have the TTS on my present bike, it takes a lot of reading but once the light bulb comes on you can do a lot with it.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Kingspoke
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful bike! Congrat!

Quick Reply: I pulled the trigger today on a new Road Glide