Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fulsac True Dual Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 10:07 AM
websterdan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fulsac True Dual Conversion

I've had the true dual kit for months. Took about an hour. Sound is awsome (big difference). He's currently doing a set of pipes for me as well. They should be here today or tommorrow. Great guy (so far) to deal with.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:08 AM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks for the picture. I emailed them last night to see if and when a kit for the '07's will be available. I'm primarily looking for heat management. If the 06's were hot in traffic, the 07's are much hotter. Never noticed the heat in October before.

Thanks again

Old 11-07-2006, 11:10 AM
211Chuck
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys with the Fulsac pipes, can you get your left side cover off with out
taking your pipes loose from the head or can you get it off with out scratching
your paint with out loosing the pipe in the head??

I've been told you can not take your left side cover off to get at your electrical
with Fulsac true duals!

Thanks for any info. about this...

Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 AM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: peddler

Thanks for the picture. I emailed them last night to see if and when a kit for the '07's will be available. I'm primarily looking for heat management. If the 06's were hot in traffic, the 07's are much hotter. Never noticed the heat in October before.

Thanks again

Fulsac true duals have been for sale for the 2007's for about a month already.

if your using a PCIII with your 07 you can run the 2006 pipes for a cleaner look
as you do not use the O2 sencers with the PCIII so theres no need to have the
bung hole in the pipes.

I hope that helps you...

Old 11-07-2006, 12:26 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I was at the HD dealer the other day, he said there is a free update for the heat management on the 07's. Free for the first install and free for the first removal, charge after that. Something about being in neutral or being stopped, it is supposed to shut down one of the cylinders to help keep it cool. I did not eloborate on it, but he said it works well and he said it "may" help with the pinging.

Toby

Old 11-07-2006, 12:42 PM
bluehwytn
Advanced

I just ordered mine from Steve yesterday since they have free shipping right now. I should have them before the end of the week and I'm just waiting for the B&E Superflow mufflers to show up. As for the sert I haven't done that since I want to see how the plugs look after a week of riding without the updated tune. I've been told by my mechanic that I won't need it till I replace the factory air cleaner which I'll probably do with a KN RK3909 intake kit. I can't wait to hear the sound as opposed to the lawnmower sound with the h-pipe currently on.

Scott

Old 11-07-2006, 01:41 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 211Chuck

You guys with the Fulsac pipes, can you get your left side cover off with out
taking your pipes loose from the head or can you get it off with out scratching
your paint with out loosing the pipe in the head??

I've been told you can not take your left side cover off to get at your electrical
with Fulsac true duals!

Thanks for any info. about this...

Yeah, you can get the cover off. It really doesn't change the position of the exhaust. In fact I had my cover off while I was doing the install and put it back on when I was done.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:57 PM
98kingflh
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey FLHT and the rest of you who purchased this product, was it a matter of money or the do it yourself aspect? I am considering this mod myself, but it's close enough for me for a set of V&H true duals that I am thinking of going that route. I never bust on anyone's mods because we all have a reason for doing what we do. If I can get mine to perform better for small dollars I'm on it. I see no reason to spend a thousand dollars on pipes when I can get the same thing for much less. TIA...

Old 11-07-2006, 02:14 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Scott:

What do you ride? Look forward to hearing how this works for you.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:56 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 98kingflh

Hey FLHT and the rest of you who purchased this product, was it a matter of money or the do it yourself aspect? I am considering this mod myself, but it's close enough for me for a set of V&H true duals that I am thinking of going that route. I never bust on anyone's mods because we all have a reason for doing what we do. If I can get mine to perform better for small dollars I'm on it. I see no reason to spend a thousand dollars on pipes when I can get the same thing for much less. TIA...
I went this way for a couple reasons. First the price. I knew I wanted Rineharts, I didn't want to spend the extra for the Rinehart true dual. Plus with the Fulsack I can run the Rinehart slip ons, If I want a change down the road I can run any other slip on

Quick Reply: Fulsac True Dual Conversion