Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 Ultra wouldn't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default '07 Ultra wouldn't start

I have 33K on my Ultra, last weekend we rode it up north and as always it ran great. 150 miles up on Saturday and the same returning on Sunday.

I parked it in the garage when we got home and Monday morning went to start it to ride to work and it wouldn't start. Starter cranked OK, could hear the whir of the fuel pump but it wouldn't start.

monday night after work a buddy who is a mechanic and HD rider and I putzed around checking the battery, fuses, spark etc. and all were fine except it still wouldn't start. We put a few drops of gas in under the air cleaner (throttle body?) and that fired up but it quit immediately.

Had it towed to the dealer Tuesday and get a call from them that there is nothing wrong, it started for them right away and every time they tried it.
I explained what we experienced and checked and the dealer wanted to keep it and look further into it.

Yesterday they said that they still could not find anything wrong so I went to pick it up and hope it was some fricking fluke and I won't get stranded.

the silver lining to this is the dealer didn't charge me 1 cent and even washed it for me and I didn't even buy the bike from them

Old 07-01-2011, 07:47 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe water in tank....would explain why drops of fuel on filter started it...all the putz around probably ran the water right thru.