Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone push me over to a new slip on or should I just keep what I have?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 PM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can anyone push me over to a new slip on or should I just keep what I have?

Well, Im going back and forth on if I should replace my Screaming Eagle nightstick slip on with a Vance & Hines twin slash slip on? I currently have a 2010 StreetGlide with the SE Heavy Breather, stage one HD Download and of corse the SE nightstick. I've been looking at other slip ons to replace the night stick for about the past week. I had several different ones but have been leaning to the twin slash. I've read and been told so many different things if the twin slash will even work with my current set up. Some say it won't run well since I have everyhing done with the download and others have said the download is good for any slip on. Guess I'm at the point where maybe I should just try it and see? On my last post on a topic I had listed several pipe options that I was looking at. Rineharts seemed to be the guy everyone likes but after putting eyes on the twin slash I thik it would look good on my 2 into 1 set up.

So, keep the nightstick or jump on the twin slash? Any thoughts of feedback as always would be appreciated.

Thanks,
T

Old 06-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I have faced a similar dilemma with a different bike and different mufflers, but perhaps this will help:

I went from SE Touring Mufflers/HD Download/SE Intake, which ran great, to the V&H Monster Ovals. I assumed that the Download would work fine with either of the mufflers, but I was surprised to see that the MO's ran noticeably hotter. Ended up ordering a PCV from FuelMoto, which compensated perfectly on top of the Download. I'm assuming that the MO's flowed so much better than the SE's that the Download just didn't provide enough fuel through the system.

I suppose it's worth trying to get by with the Download in your application, knowing that if the new mufflers made the bike run too lean that a phone call to FuelMoto would quickly provide a solution.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 AM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

keep what you got. if you want to hear loud pipes, put an "loud pipe" MP3 thru your speakers.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Ma$$hole
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts