Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floorboard extension + Brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011 | 12:44 PM
NJhdnewbie
|
Intermediate
Default Floorboard extension + Brake pedal

My '06 RK has a stage 1 and therefore the air cleaner is pushed out. This makes the floorboard and the brake pedal quite uncomfortable.

Are there any aftermarket floorboards that are made to be 1 inch out? I would rather buy 1 item rather than the floorboard and the extension kit separate.

I also need to get a bigger brake pedal. Which one would you guys recommend? Can I just get the pedal or do I also need to get the arm that holds it?

Old 06-30-2011 | 01:06 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member

No need to change your footboards if you just want to extend them out. Just get the extenders. HD has a replacement footboard kit #50409-04 that will move your footboard forward about 1". There is a footboard replacement bracket from Wild Bills that moves your footboard forward 2" and is compatible with extension kits.

Forgot to mention, that Kuryakyn has an extension kit that moves you footboard out and forward 1". I don't know the part # but there was a thread here about this kit just in the past week. Try a search.

Last edited by soos; 06-30-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-30-2011 | 01:16 PM
NJhdnewbie
|
Intermediate

I should have clarified. I do want to change the floorboards and wanted to see if theres a floorboard product that will also push it out 1"

Old 06-30-2011 | 01:52 PM
Romingnometx
Advanced

Your footboards attach to brackets at the pivot point. I've never seen footboards with the pivot extended out, though I don't see why it wouldn't be posible. Extenders like the Kuryakyn mount between your footboards and the bracket, while most like the Harley Goodies ones mount between the brackets and the frame moving the entire assymbly out. I have the Harley Goodies set and they were easy to install, rock solid, and low cost (I would NOT call them cheap). The are sponsors of this site and were giving a discount to site members a month ago, but I don't know if they still are.
Your brake pad is removable from the pedal arm.

Old 06-30-2011 | 03:50 PM
NJhdnewbie
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Romingnometx
Your footboards attach to brackets at the pivot point. I've never seen footboards with the pivot extended out, though I don't see why it wouldn't be posible. Extenders like the Kuryakyn mount between your footboards and the bracket, while most like the Harley Goodies ones mount between the brackets and the frame moving the entire assymbly out. I have the Harley Goodies set and they were easy to install, rock solid, and low cost (I would NOT call them cheap). The are sponsors of this site and were giving a discount to site members a month ago, but I don't know if they still are.
Your brake pad is removable from the pedal arm.

Thanks for your reply. Looks like the easiest way should be to get the extender by itself. I will probably also get the brake pedal only and mount it on the standard arm. This should make the ride more comfortable.

Cheers.