Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving to Raleigh NC with the SG

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Chiadrum
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Raleigh NC with the SG

Rolling into town on July 12th.Just figured that I would drop a line here and see if anyone has any suggestions on group rides/hangouts and the like.Looking to make some new friends.We are heading down there pretty blind.One old high school pal,that's it.
Looking forward to the long riding season!

Old 06-30-2011, 12:15 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

just got back from there visiting a relative , check out Ray Price Harley , it is a nice shop and they can steer you in the right direction

Old 06-30-2011, 12:16 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Your gonna like the extended riding season. Personally not a group rider,so I can't speak on that subject, but there are endless secondary roads with great scenery. Get yerself a Topo map of NC and start racking up the miles.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 PM
BigMike17
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

I moved to the Winston-Salem area around 10 years ago from the Albany NY area - I think you'll like it. Riding season is just about year round, give or take what you're willing to ride in. Can't help you on the Raleigh area, but wish you luck!

Old 06-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,295 Likes on 1,585 Posts

There are some of the biggest A-holes you'll ever see driving on I-40 and the Beltline. Crazy, aggressive, stupid, texting idiots all around you.

But, get away from that and you have ocean in one direction, mountains in the other and a whole lot of lakes, rivers and back roads.

As far as group rides, somebody has something going on every weekend. Not hard to find.

Locked and Loaded in Garner (borders Raleigh to the southeast) is always packed on weekends, does bike shows, etc.

It gets plenty cold here. Some snow, doesn't usually stay to long. Ice storms in Winter really suck, but everything is shut down, so stay home and drink. We can ride close to year round if you don't mind the cold. It can get a little toasty in the Summer as you'll see in mid July. LOL

Last edited by Toypuller; 06-30-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:41 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
just got back from there visiting a relative , check out Ray Price Harley , it is a nice shop and they can steer you in the right direction
I lived there for about 10 years and rode for about 4 of them while there. I really miss that place, there are some really good back roads to everywhere. +1 on checking out Ray Price, the old guy lives on the top of the building and the second floor is a museum dedicated to him and him drag racing years. The staff there is great! Have fun, you won't run out of places to ride ever and you are only a few hours away from Deal's Gap.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Chiadrum
Intermediate

Thanks for the tips guys-
Garner is where we are thinking about buying a home.That is good news about Locked and Loaded.Heat doesn't bother me.winter REALLY bothers me so I am pretty sure I will be happy.Did 2.5 years in ATL,loved it.
The texting a-holes can't possibly be worse that I-95 in CT.Seriously one of the worst roads in the free world.
See ya'll soon!

Old 06-30-2011, 02:09 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiadrum
Thanks for the tips guys-
Garner is where we are thinking about buying a home.
Garner is a great area, just a little to backwoods for me. When we lived there we live in a town called Morrisville, just outside of Cary (Concentrated Area for Relocated Yankees, because most people there are from new England, new York and jersey). Anyways Morrisville is a nice area and fairly good of living cost.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Chiadrum
Intermediate

Ok cool-yeah we are living in Morrisville to get started.Rented a townhouse there until we find a home.All the houses we see in Morrisville have like 1 tenth of an acre.I want alittle bit of land.I think country is what I am after living a lifetime in the Tri-State area.We'll see what happens,need to live there for awhile.
Thanks for the input.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Nabubba
Road Master

Go to this thread https://www.hdforums.com/forum/south...l-call-74.html

Many members in that area and welcome to NC when ya get here.

Quick Reply: Moving to Raleigh NC with the SG